I Love You

Jason's pov

*A few weeks later*

She hasn't gotten her memory back yet but she's slowly getting more used to everything, being a mom again, learning she's married. That kinda stuff. I wish I could get her memories back though. She groggily mumbles my name, half asleep. "You okay?" "Sing to me." She whispers. I smile and hold her hand. "Anything in particular?" "Anything." I sing to her til she falls asleep. Tim texts me asking how she's doing since he's got the kids right now. I text back that she's asleep.

*A few days later*

I wake up from a nap and they were playing candyland. Kate was winning and it was adorable seeing her so excited. I felt like I was being watched. I glanced at the door and saw Anthony. He waved meaning he wanted to talk. So I walked out into the hall. "We don't want to add any unneeded complications in her life. We're just gonna go." "I... I just want to thank you for coming and saving her. She means so much to me." "I'm happy to help." We shake hands. "It was nice meeting you." I smile. "You too Anthony. I wish you well." "You too. And her. And those two great kids of yours." I wave and he leaves. I go back in her room. "I won!" Todd says proudly. I sit down. "Let your old man in on the action." I say, grabbing a red playing piece. "You're goin' down dad!" He says smirking. "I'm a competitive person, son. It's you who's going down!" Miranda laughs and Kate grabs the dice. "Let's play."

*Later*

"It's pretty cool if ya think about it... We're both adopted. Me and my son." I love hearing her say that. "You sure are." "What about us adopting again?" "I'm all for it." I say, looking at my sleeping little boy and my wild little girl. She sits up, her arms weakly trying to hold herself up. "What's wrong? Do you feel sick again?" She nods, closing her eyes tight. I help her up and to the bathroom. "Oh man." She mumbles after throwing up. "Mama?" Kate whispers in the doorway. "Mommy just doesn't feel good." She says then throws up again." "Go lay back down Kate it's bedtime." I say, clasping her hand and helping her stand up, although wobbly. "Nausea is the worst symptom of this shit." "I thought it'd be losing your hair." "Eh. I didn't really think about it." I help her back to bed and Kate climbs back on the couch beside Todd snuggling close to him. I smile and take a picture. I show it to Miranda. "Todd's gonna kill me if I post this." "Aw he's a good big brother." She says tiredly. The doctor walks in. "Hey Miranda. How're you feeling?" "Nauseous. I threw up again." He looks worried. "We should be careful. You can easily get dehydrated." He gives me something to help the nausea and dizziness. "Just get some rest." "Hey doc, how much longer til I get better?" "Well since the successful bone marrow transplant, you're fighting it back ten fold. Maybe three or four more weeks. And you'll be in remission if we're lucky." "Ugh. I don't believe in luck doc. If luck existed, I wouldn't be in this mess!" She grumbles, then starts to cry. "I hate not remembering! I hate it!!" "It's gonna be okay!" I gasp caught off guard. I hug her tight. "Even if you don't remember, I'm not gonna give up on you! I'll be here every step of the way." "B-But... I... I w-want to remember so bad." She whimpers. I hold her tight, not knowing how to make her feel better. "Everything will be okay. You're still my tough girl. You'll always be my tough girl. Til my last breath, I'll be lovin' you." I wipe away the tears from her cheeks. "I'm so-" "Don't you say you're sorry." I say, forcing a worried smile. She looks away smiling too. "I want to remember so bad." She whispers again, the smile fading. "I bet it was magical." I feel a few tears roll down my own cheeks, remembering the good times that we had. "They... It was." I mumble. "You don't deserve to put up with this." "I don't put up with nothin'. We'll get you all healed up and after, we'll work on your memories. We've got home videos, lots of 'em. I would always tease you about taking so damn many." She laughs softly as more tears fall from my eyes. "And if that doesn't work.... Falling in love with you sounds like it'll be so much fun." She says making me smile. "I know it was for me." I say. "Can you sing to me?" She whispers, laying her head on my chest. I smile and kiss her forehead. "Sure baby." She smiles.

Miranda's pov

"Honesty, sincerity, tenderness, and trust. A little less time for the rest of the world... And more for the two of us." He whisper sings. I feel so safe. I love this feeling. I love this man. I may not remember him but I do love him. With everything I have. "Kisses each morning. I love yous at night! Just like it used to be! The way life was.... When you were in love... With me." I sit up, even though it hurts. "I do love you." I whisper, kissing him on the lips. I can tell he's shocked but he gently wraps his arms around my waist and deepens the kiss. "I love you too." He whispers resting our foreheads together. I smile and we share another kiss. "It... It feels so good to do that again." He whispers, closing his eyes. I'm exhausted now. "I..... I liked it too." I say, relaxing in his arms. He chuckles quietly. "Get some rest baby girl. You deserve it." He whispers. I drift off, my head on his chest.