Ugly

Jason's pov

She was asleep against my chest. My mom was watching the kids. She snuggles closer, weak and exhausted after her radiation treatment this afternoon. I'm just relieved she didn't get nauseous. I hate seeing her so miserable. She starts to wake up. I gently rub her back, hoping it'll help her relax. "Can we talk real?" She whispers, her voice hoarse, probably from throwing up the last couple days. "Of course honey. We can talk about anything you want." I say kissing her head. "For a long time.... I felt... That I didn't deserve you." What?! "Baby? What do you mean?" "You're so sweet and generous and you always care about other people. I'm nothing compared to you!" I hug her tight. "Don't you ever say that again! That isn't true and you know it. I love you. I always and I always will. No matter what." I kiss her forehead. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "Shh shh." I whisper rocking her. "When did you know I was the one?" She asks in a whisper. I hug her to my chest. "Since the very first night, I knew you were the one for me. I was just shocked you'd want to date a single father." She smiles, closing her eyes. "I love that sweet little boy. He's such an angel." I smile and run my hand through her thinning hair. "Just sleep, sweet girl." I whisper. My eyes go wide when a small tuft of her hair comes out in my hand. "Jason what was..." Her voice trails off and she reaches a shaking hand to her hair. "I'm losing it." She whimpers starting to cry. "It'll grow back." I shakily say, holding her hands. "I'm so ugly! Don't look at me!" "You aren't ugly!" I say shocked. "Your hair doesn't define your beauty!" She cries into her hands and Max walks in. "Mrs. Aldean you need to relax, your blood pressure is skyrocketing!" I hug her tight and whisper calming stuff in her ear. In the end, the nurse has to sedate her. I hold her unconscious body in my arms and cry my eyes out.