Chapter 6

Miranda's pov

"I'm just worried. You're my daughter. Of course I'm gonna worry." I sigh. "For your information, dad! He hasn't even made a move on me! He's got more respect for me than that! And you should apologize!" He sighs. "You know I'm not gonna do that." He says, crossing his arms. I roll my eyes. "Dad, I'm a grown woman now. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to stop being paranoid and thinking that every guy I date is the spawn of Satan! I mean for Pete's sake dad! You've worked with him!" He glares at the ground. "I'm sorry, Miranda. You're right. I'm being a jerk. I've just always worried about you more than anyone since you're special." I raise an eyebrow. "Special?" He sighs. My phone rings. Jason! I smile. "It's Jason, dad. I'm going to answer it and you're not gonna freak okay?" He nods. "I'm sorry." He says again. I smile and nod. "I love you dad." He hugs me. "I love you too." I answer the phone. "Hey baby girl, can you swing by my house. I have to talk to you." Hm. "Ok. I'm on my way. Be there in ten."

Tim's pov

I hug Faith sadly. "You have to let that poor girl grow up. You're completely suffocating her." I sigh. "I know. I hate myself." She rests a hand on my cheek. "Don't hate yourself. She knows how much you care. And Jason's a good kid. She's right. You know that. You've worked with him before." I smile and nod. "I'm letting my imagination run wild."

Miranda's pov

I get to Jason's and instantly Todd runs over. "Mrs. Miranda can you read me a bedtime story again?" I laugh softly and pick him up. "Of course little man, what do you want me to read to you this time?" Jason walks out of the kitchen, a dish towel in his hand. "He wouldn't go to sleep for nothin'." He sticks his tongue out at Jason who laughs. "Ok squirt, up to bed, she'll be up in a minute." "Ok daddy." Todd kisses his dad's cheek and runs to his room upstairs. "My boy has taken a likin' to you." He says, slinging the towel over his shoulder and resting his hands on his hips. "He's not the only one." He continues. I'm not sure where he's going with this. "Are you... Trying... To tell me something, Jason?" "Miranda, do you want to move in with me and Todd?" I smile ear to ear. "Yes." I say. He smiles and takes my hand. "I made dinner." "I love it when a man can cook." He chuckles. "I'm gonna go read Todd his story then we can have our romantic dinner." I say with a teasing wink. "Can't wait baby girl." I go upstairs and read a story to Todd. Treasure planet. A story I read when I was a kid. "We'll read the next few chapters tomorrow Todd." I say, smoothing his hair. He grabs my hand. "You're staying here right Mrs. Miranda?" I smile and nod. He smiles big. "I'm so glad. Daddy's never been happy as he is now." I smile. "Your daddy makes me happy too." I kiss his forehead and head downstairs.

Jason's pov

I hear her walk downstairs. I light the candles and pour some wine. "Hey Jason." I stand back up to my full height and smile seeing my wonderful girl in the doorway. "Baby you just get more beautiful every time I see you." She blushes and walks over. I pull her chair out then I sit down in mine. "Wow Jason! This is delicious!" "Steak is my specialty." I reply for some reason nervous. I really like this girl and I like how good she is with Todd. "Jason? You okay? You seem distracted." My eyes go wide. "I uh... Just lost in thought." I mumble, cutting a piece of steak. She sets her fork down. "I need to be honest with you." I raise an eyebrow confused. "This is the first real relationship I've been in since my teenage years." Whoa. Why?! "May I ask why?" "Because.... It took me a long time to trust again after my ex boyfriend who I loved with all my heart cheated on me." Oh man. "I'm so glad I took a chance though, Jason. You make me feel so loved." My eyes go wide. I smile. "I'm glad I do. You make me so happy."

*later*

He had me laughing so hard I dropped my fork. We both bent down to get it at the same time and bumped up heads which only made me laugh again until he took my cheeks and kissed me passionately, standing back up and pulling me up too. "I can make your world a place that you would never dream." He whispers, against my hair. My head against his chest while I try to catch my breath. I whisper his name, looking up at the handsome cowboy before me. His eyes looked worried. I grab a handful of his shirt and kiss him hard.

*later*

My mind was going a mile a minute. He turns his head. I smile. "You just.... You made my world a place I could never dream." He says, smiling. I laugh softly. "Jason," I whisper softly. "Yeah, baby?" "I love you." I whisper, resting my head on his slightly heaving chest. "I love you too." He whispers, kissing my head.