"I know you're not. Something is going on with you and him. Is he forcing you to be with him? Is he making you do things you don't want to do?"

"E-Everything is fine Ashton." He lied. "I know that's complete bullshit. If you won't tell me then I will ask Shawn myself."

Ashton could not do that. Then Shawn will get suspicious that Luke told him something and then he'll hit Luke more than he ever did. "No!" He exclaimed a little too loudly. "Then you better tell me." Luke went to open his mouth. But was cut off when both Michael and Calum came back. "There you guys are, thought you got lost. What's going on?" Calum asked.

"Nothing." Luke quickly said to avoid the topic. "It's not nothing guys." Luke's eyes were pleads for him to stop but he didn't say anything. Ashton sighed,"Tell me if I'm wrong, but haven't we all noticed something was off about his relationship." They paused for a moment then they both agreed. "Luke, it's obvious. Is something bad happening? Just tell us." A tear fell down Luke's cheek. "He's a bad guy, I know it. Four months is too long, tell us if there's something wrong."

All the pain he was in, finally caught up with him. Tears started flowing out of his eyes like a waterfall. For these months with Shawn felt like years. Days on end where he's been crying himself to sleep. Shawn telling him that their relationship was failing was Luke's fault. He was breaking mentally and physically. Shawn's said some things that got into Luke's head. Words that really got to him. That made him second guess everything and that got under his skin. That made him stop eating. That made the life drained out of him.

"Has he been hitting you?" Calum asked. If Luke admitted to this then all hell would break loose. They would know everything and take away Shawn. They couldn't do that. Luke nodded slightly not meeting anyone's eyes. "That son of a bitch." Ashton growled. "I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind." Calum threatened. "No!"

"Y-you can't. He always gets what he wants and he'll make it worse just let it be." They all scoffed. "Not this time." Michael shook his head. "I-I'll tell him something. He'll stop." The three boys didn't believe him. "How do you know that Luke?" The frantic boy looked around as if someone was staring at him but no one was around,"Um, h-he does anything for me. I—I'll tell him."

Then the bell rang and there was no way in hell they were continuing the school day so they just left.

They went to Ashton's house since both his parents were at work. "Okay Luke, where does he hit you?" Calum asked. "Sometimes my face a-and places where you can't see. It's not t-that bad."

"That's bullshit and you know it. Let's go." Calum took his hand. "Where're we going?" He asked. "The bathroom and you are going to show me all the bruises you have." He hesitated at first, but nodded reluctantly.

-

"It's really bad guys." Calum frowned. "How bad?" Ashton asked. "I can't even explain it, it's terrible." Luke was taking a nap which he needed so desperately. While Michael, Calum, and Ashton were discussing about his state. "What're we gonna do?" The sandy haired boy asked. "Do you think he can stay here tonight I know his dad works all night today." Ashton nodded,"Yeah I think my parents are gonna go on their weekly get away from me or whatever they call it. If they wanted me out of their lives they can just say it." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"It's getting late we better get going and we'll finish this tomorrow. Make sure he texts his dad to let him know where he is. You have clothes he can wear right?" Ashton nodded. "Okay take care of him please. He's my best friend." Ashton lightly laughed,"Don't worry Cal. I will."

Soon Luke woke up, confused as he was scared. "W-where am I?" Ashton rubbed his thigh calmly. "Don't worry Luke, you're at my house." Luke seemed to relax slightly,"W-where's Shawn? He's gonna be mad if he finds out I'm with you." Ashton shook his head,"He won't find out I promise. And why? Does he hate me or something?" The blue eye boy shrugged,"He says you're nothing but trouble."

He laughed. "Okay well, you're spending the night here, text your dad to let him know. I'll find you some pajamas." He nodded.

Luke looked at his phone to see 50 messages, 15 missed calls, and 4 voicemails all from Shawn. He gulped nervously before looking at them.

Shawn💗: Where are you?

Shawn💗: Are you okay?

Shawn💗: I'm coming over

Shawn💗: Your dad said you weren't home and he doesn't know where you are. I'm getting worried Luke

Shawn💗: You better not be with Calum, you know I don't like him

Shawn💗: I know his mum and she said she hasn't seen you in a day or two

Shawn💗: I know where Ashton lives and if I find you with him you're gonna get it

"These might be a little big on you but for the most part I think they'll fit." Luke looked like a deer in headlights. "What happened?" Ashton took Luke's phone that was in his hand and read the messages. "He's a liar Luke, he's never been to my house before. He couldn't possibly know where I live."

Then, a knock was formed on the door. Ashton looked through the window to see who it was. "Luke, go upstairs in my room and go to the restroom. Lock the door and be as quiet as possible." He didn't have to tell him twice.

As he was going upstairs he heard banging on the door.

"I know you're here Luke." Shawn spoke on the other side of the door. Ashton opened the door and Shawn shoved his way in. "Where is he?" He demanded. "Who?" Shawn laughed,"Stop with that bullshit. I know Luke is here. I don't want him hanging out with people like you."

"People like me?" He nodded,"You guys are no good. Luke only needs me." Ashton rolled his eyes,"You need to leave." He didn't listen. He then proceeded to go upstairs. "Don't do that." Ashton warned, but Shawn pushed him down the stairs.

He then heard a scream and Ashton ran upstairs quickly. "You're coming with me." Shawn growled as he pulled Luke out of the bathroom. "Leave him alone, he doesn't want to be with you anymore." Shawn let go looking at Luke intensely. He inched closer and  closer to the scared lad. Luke whimpered in fear. He didn't say anything. "That's what I thought. Now, let's go."

"No." 

"What did you just say?"

"No." Shawn came up to him and slapped him across the face.

"Okay that's it." Ashton stepped in and punched him. "Get the fuck out of my house or I will call the cops." He threatened.

As Shawn walked down the stairs Ashton followed behind to make sure he actually got out the door.

Almost instantly he received a text from Shawn.

Shawn: You haven't seen the last of me

"Luke, are you okay?" He slightly nodded. "I-I don't want to be with him anymore." He admitted as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I know, and you won't. I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." Ashton smiled lightly,"Of course."

They both finally got into their pajamas and made their way into their beds. Luke did not want to sleep by himself that night, it was too horrifying. "A-Ashton?" He knocked. "Yes?" He sat up on his bed. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" Ashton nodded because he could never say no to Luke. He's just too adorable.

When he was in Ashton's arms he immediately felt safe and he liked that feeling. He never wanted it to go away.

I know Shawn just got introduced in this but he's not going away for a while don't worry