Chapter 52

Rehaan's POV

After our honeymoon, very reluctantly, we went back home. Everybody greeted us happily. Ahana was nervous about living with my family. I assured her everything would be fine but she was still nervous. After we reached home and settled down comfortably, the most awaited interrogation session began.

"So bhai, had a fun honeymoon?" Sanjog asked, wiggling his eye brows. I glared at him and when he still didn't budge, I smacked him on his head.

The door suddenly burst open and in came Biren and Nidhi. Holding hands. When did this happen? I looked at Ahana and she was looking right back at me with an equally puzzled look. I raised an eye brow at him. He smiled sheepishly.

"How was your honeymoon man?" he asked. "It was good. What did I miss?" I asked motioning towards both of them.

"Yea, Nidhi, is there something you want to tell me?" Ahana asked Nidhi. Nidhi rolled her eyes but you could see the pinkish hue on her cheeks. "Uh, we're sort of seeing each other," Biren answered while scratching the nape of his neck. "Sort of?" Nidhi asked, glaring at Biren. Biren immediately rephrased his sentence "We're dating,"

Ahana squealed and hugged Nidhi. I gave Biren a man hug. "Finally eh?" He smiled and muttered "Yea, finally,"

"So your parents know?" Ahana asked them. They both nodded. "They were surprised but they accepted us," Nidhi said happily.

Apparently, after asking a few more questions, we found out that Biren had asked Nidhi out 11 times and on the 11th time, Nidhi agreed. They didn't tell us because they wanted us to enjoy our honeymoon. Didn't seem like a rational excuse to Ahana and me but it's fine.

"Sooo," Sanjog said, smiling creepily. I sighed. He's been doing this for the past 15 minutes. I have been ignoring him but he just doesn't stop!

"What do you want?"

"I was just wondering.. if I'm going to be an uncle soon," he said hurriedly but I still caught it. I could feel my face getting hot. I smacked his head "Go away this instant,"

"I'm just asking cause you know you guys are all close and stuff," he continued. "Do you want to get hit or something?" I snapped at him.

He threw both his hands in a surrendering position and said, "I was just asking because Bhabhi was saying something about being pregnant to Nidhi, I overheard them,"

My heart nearly stopped after hearing that.

Ahana. Pregnant.

My Ahana...pregnant?

Oh my god.

Wait.

But I used protection.

I used condoms every single time.

How can she be pregnant?

Why didn't she tell me?

Oh god, we're not even ready.

"Bhai! Rehaan!" my brother shook me and that took me out of my trance. "Huh.... Are you sure she said that?" I asked him.

"Yes, why? It is yours right?" Those words angered me. I slapped his head, "If she's pregnant, of course it's mine!"

"I just asked cause you looked shocked like it isn't possible at all," he explained.

My head is going to burst. "I don't understand, we used protection,"

"Protection doesn't always work. I don't mind being an uncle to be honest," he said. Okay, he isn't helping me at all.

"OH MY GOD, AHANA IS PREGNANT?!" Aisha yelled. My eyes widened . What the heck?!

"Aisha, don't ye- "AHANA IS PREGANT EVREYBODY! I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!"

So much for not yelling.

Soon came choruses and me not being able to explain to anybody that I didn't know it myself. Honestly, I have mixed emotions. I mean I want to be a father someday but not so soon! I'm still young, loving my life right now. A baby was just a farfetched idea. I was tormented by hugs and kisses and blessings and how 'It's a little early but it's good'

Then the woman of the hour came down looking as clueless as ever but beautiful nonetheless. Everybody left me and ran to her. She saw the commotion and you could see the look of panic on her face as everybody literally ran to her. She was treated with the same ritual. She was hugged, kissed and given blessings. "What the hell Ahana! I would hit you but in this state, I can't. I'm so happy for you but mad too! This is such big news and you didn't tell me?!" Nidhi ranted and yelled.

"Wha-what is happening? What did I hide? What state?" Ahana asked, looking extremely confused and tired.

"Stop acting now! We know!" Nidhi said. "Know what?" Ahana was getting irritated now. You could see it.

"That you're pregnant!" my mum said. Ahana's eyes widened. "Pregnant? Who?"

"YOU!" Nidhi snapped. "ME?! I'm NOT pregnant! Who told you I was?!" she exclaimed. "I overheard Rehaan saying. He said it to Sanjog!" Aisha said.

"Wait-wait! You don't know?" I asked Nidhi. "If I knew, why would I act like I didn't? I didn't know!"

"I'm not pregnant! Rehaan, what are they saying?"

"So I don't have a grandbaby!?"

"You're not pregnant?"

"For the hundredth time, I'm not pregnant! I would know if I was!"

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" I yelled. I looked at Ahana, "You sure you're not pregnant?" "I'm sure! I'm not!"

"But Sanjog sai- SANJOG!"

So Sanjog was just trying to pull my leg. This whole stupid prank thing left me with a lot of relief after an episode of anxiety, my mum sad that she isn't a grandmother, my dad isn't in town thank god, Nidhi and Biren, amused, Sanjog with bruises, Aisha nonchalant and Ahana, embarrassed and tired. After an awkward meal, Ahana and I left to our room.

As we laid on our bed I said, "First day and all this drama,"

She turned around to face me and kept her head on my chest. She giggled and said, "It was funny though,"

I chuckled and hugged her. "Ready to start life with me?"

She smiled and nodded, "Never been more ready,"

We cuddled in silence and then "When you said start a life, you didn't mean another life as in a baby right? Cause I'm not ready," Ahana said. I laughed and said, "Didn't mean it that way. Well, not yet,"

"I love you Rehaan,"

"I love you too,"

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

There we go! Last chapter!

Another epilogue and we're done!

It's been fun writing, I hope you had/ve fun reading it too.

Thank you.

Vote, comment, share.

                            -007potter