Chapter 23

Ahana's P.O.V

We have been walking for around 12 minutes now and finally I see the café. I smiled as we walked further. This place is so cute! It looked vintage with a wooden board with its name outside. We hadn't yet entered the café but I could see the inside of it through the big windows.

"Fields Fortune" I read the name out loud. That's a unique name to keep for a café. "Yep. Let's go in?" Rehaan asked. I nodded and he opened the door and when he did, this little cute bell rang.

The place wasn't really filled with people. Just a few, consisting of a couple, an old lady with an adorable small girl and this fat man sitting at the table near the window.

"How come there aren't many people?" I asked Rehaan. "Because this café isn't very popular. And their aim isn't just making profits. All the workers here, like their job and don't do it because they have to, they do it because they want to.

"Oh. For how long have you known this place?" I asked after we entered the café. Just as he was about to answer, a middle aged lady came rushing towards us and gave Rehaan a hug.

"Oh Rehaan! Where are you these days?!" she asked him whilst hugging him. "Oh and who is this?" She asked him, looking at me with a smile on her face.

"Uhm Leena, this is Ahana. Ahana, Leena." He introduced. I softly said a 'hi'. I was feeling kind of shy. Don't know why. "And she is your..?" Leena asked Rehaan teasingly. "She's my-" "I'm his friend." I interrupted him.

"Oh? Friend eh?" She said, nudging Rehaan. "Hi Ahana! Like Rehaan said, I'm Leena. Leena Elizabeth. This is my café." Oh. "Wow. Its beautiful" I told her honestly.

She smiled proudly. "Yea, it was built by my grandfather in his late twenties. I spent my whole childhood here. This was my dream to run this place."

"You're doing a very good job at it." I said. "You've got yourself a good one Rehaan. I approve. She's nice unlike the previous one you brought here."

I blushed at her compliment but at the same time couldn't help but feel a small sting while knowing that I wasn't the first girl he brought here. I need to find out more about his ex.

"How about you guys go have a seat at your regular table and I'll send a waiter." She said. We nodded at Rehaan guided me towards the table near the left window.

"So this your regular table eh?" I asked him. He smiled, it didn't reach his eyes though. "Yea. My table." He said. "You used to come here often?" I asked him. He nodded, "Yea. Ever since I was a kid."

I smiled at him. "I know you want to know more but it's a long story and its pretty boring." He said. "Didn't you tell my dad we'll be home max by 12?" I asked him. He nodded. I looked at my watch. 9:10. "How much time does it take from here to my house in car?" I asked him. "Thirty minutes." "Then we have the time for the story." I told him.

He smiled and shook his head, "When you really want to know something, you try your best to know it don't you?" "Yea I guess."

"You hungry?" he asked me. I widened my eyes and looked at him, "After eating all that food? No thanks. I'm full. Are you?" I asked him. He shook his head, "Nope!" "Then start the story without any ado please?" I requested. He smiled, "Okay ma'am! Biren's dad and my dad are best friends. Our dads hung out at this place many times and Leena was close to them too. They even got free breakfast! So our dads would bring us here whenever they would meet up.

Then later on things got busy. Both our dads' businesses were flourishing. So they never got the time to meet up. But we, Biren and I never stopped. We kept coming over and eventually this café and its workers became family.