Chapter 40

Ahana's P.O.V

I put my phone on vibrate mode. I could feel it vibrating continuously and I knew who was calling. But I kept ignoring. Eventually, when he wouldn't stop, I switched off my phone.

Yet, I wasn't able to concentrate on anything Parineeti or anyone for that matter were telling me. My thoughts were only about that conversation. As much as I trust Rehaan, I'm scared too. Because Bethany is just so good looking and smart and I'm just me. I'm not impressive like her. Nor am I confident. I'm this awkward, shy, geeky, ordinary girl. She's rich, beautiful, extremely social and smart. Nothing like me.

"Ahana!!" Nidhi shook me. I looked at her and saw that she was frowning and mum and Kangana aunty were looking at me with concerned looks. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked politely.

"Kangana just asked you if you liked the red lehenga she showed you a while ago or the green one with white sequins." Mum said.

"Oh. I uh like them both." I said. Oh god. I wasn't listening or looking. I have clue how the green or the red lehengas look like. "What about the beige one?" Nidhi asked with an eye brow raised. There was a beige one too?

"That one's good too" I said, faking a smile. "You weren't listening at all, were you?" Nidhi asked. What? "No I was." I said.

She rolled her eyes. "I know you aren't interested but Ahana, you got to listen! It's your engagement and your wedding. And this isn't like you. I know you're hiding something. Tell me." She said. She looked very serious and I knew she meant what she was saying.

"There's nothing like that. Really. Ma tell her." I said and looked at my mother. She looked very concerned. She shook her head negatively and said "What she's saying is true Ahana. You aren't listening. What is wrong?"

"Nothing ma. Why do you think that? I am listening!" I said. I thought I was a pretty good actor.

"Ahana, dear, we didn't show you any beige lehenga." Kanagana aunty said. Oh.

Oh god. I've been caught.

I looked down embarrassed. What do I say now?

" You know what? I'll tell Parineeti that we'll come on Sunday again. You look stressed beta (child), and there's something obviously bothering you. You won't be able to make any sensible decisions now. So when you're in a better mood, we'll be back okay?" Kangana aunty said.

I was honestly very grateful to her. I just want to go home.

"Haan (yes) beta (child), let's go home. You rest and we'll come back on Sunday." Mum agreed. I nodded and mumbled an 'okay'.

"I'll go and tell her. She's in her office. You guys can go sit in the car." Kangana aunty said. We nodded and left to the car. Soon, Kangana aunty came and we went back home. The ride was silent but there was slight tension in the air.

"You are telling me what happened. And that isn't a question, it's a statement." Nidhi whispered. I nodded. I don't have a choice and I need someone to give me a truthful opinion.

We reached and Nidhi pulled me into my room. "So, what is bothering you? You've been acting so weird. You didn't answer Rehaan's call, you weren't even concentrating on what people were saying at the boutique, you looked extremely dull and you still do ,and you're hiding things from me." She rambled.

"You're not on drugs right?" she asked a little hesitantly. " What? No!" I said.

"Then what is it? Tell me." She said gently. I sighed and told her everything that happened when I called him. " So now, I don't know what to do." I ended.