Chapter 29

Ahana's P.O.V

"So what are you going to wear for tomorrow?" Nidhi asked me. I sighed. "I don't know. Ugh! Why do I have no clothes at all!" I said, frustrated.

"You do. But they aren't good enough for dates." She said nonchalantly. "Gee thanks best friend." I replied.

She went towards my cupboard and opened it. Around ten minutes later she laid down a few clothes on my bed.

"These are decent. You should try each of them and I'll tell you which one you should wear tomorrow." Nidhi ordered.

I nodded and took this skirt and top and changed into it. It looked pretty good.

"Not bad. Try the next one." She said. I nodded and took the lace dress from her hands. My cousin had gifted me the dress on my twenty first birthday.

"You look hot. Next one." She said. I sighed and took the outfit from her and changed into it.

It was a palazzo and a top. "Nice! Try the last one." The last one was a denim shirt dress. It went below my knees.

"I like this one too! Gosh!" she said dramatically. "So now what?" I asked.

"You decide." She replied. "Okay so the dress, the lace one should be worn for formal events. This is just a casual date so I'm not going to wear that. I don't want to wear the denim one either. The palazzo is too plain so no. I guess I'll have to stick to the top and skirt. It isn't too much and it isn't too simple either." I said.

"I agree. I will be doing your hair." She said. "Who else is even there?" I asked sassily. She rolled her eyes and smacked my head lightly.

"No need to be sassy." She said. "Okay jeez. No need to get violent." I said, rubbing my head.

"So is he picking you up?" she asked, lying down on my bed. "Yea. That's what he said." I said, lying down next to her. "You really like him, don't you?" she asked with a smile.

I could feel a smile creep on to my face. "Yea I guess. I mean I think so." I said. "You think so? Ahana, even an idiot can see how much you like him. It's so obvious!" she said.

It is? "No, it's not." I said. She narrowed her eyes at me and said, "Ahana. Who do you think you're kidding? You like him. A lot. And he likes you a lot too." She said.

I blushed when she said that Rehaan liked me. "How do you know he likes me?"

"Do you not look at the way he looks at you? Or the way his face lights up when he sees you? He looks so carefree around you Ahana. And honestly, if he didn't like you, he wouldn't be proposing all your dates. He's genuinely interested in you. I don't see what he saw in you though." She added the last part cheekily. I hit her.

"I'm kidding! Jeez. But seriously Ahana, I think you guys are meant to be." she said.

I couldn't help but blush when she said all of that. "I like him. I really do." I admitted.

"Do you see yourself with him in the future?" she asked. Do I? Of course I do. I nodded. "Do you think you love him Ahana?" she asked. I looked at her face. She was serious.

I sighed. "I don't know. I know that I have strong feelings for him but I'm not sure if it's love." I stated.

"Wait, I have this magazine which has this quiz. It's called 'Are you in love? Or is it just infatuation?' Let's try it!" she said excitedly and got down from the bed towards her bag.