Chapter 7

Ahana's P.O.V

"Ahana come meet the Malhotra's," dad said. The lady who I'm assuming is Malini Malhotra comes and hugs me. The hug was very warm and welcoming. I felt more relaxed after that action. "You've become so beautiful Ahana! Do you remember me?" she asked hopefully.

I nodded, "I remember you Malini Aunty"

"Come sit down," dad said. I sat down next to him, opposite to this girl who I'm assuming is Aisha, Rehaan's sister. She looked lovely wearing an anarkali (A traditional Indian attire worn by women.) just like me except hers was pink and mine was blue. She had left her hair open and I couldn't help but envy her long straight hair. Mine was very wavy and got knotted very fast.

"Ahana tell us a little about yourself," Mr Malhotra said.

"Okay, uh I am 24 years old. I did my B.A (Bachelor of Arts) in Media, Communication and English. A triple major course. I also finished my post graduation (grad school) in Communications and English. And I finished it earlier than others because I got a double promotion in high school," I finished hoping I didn't sound cocky.

"Wow! That's amazing! Rehaan! You're lucky man, bhabhi (sister-in-law) is very smart!" Sanjog, Mr Malhotra's second son said. My eyes widened when he said that and I couldn't help the blush creeping on my face. I hate it when this happens. I didn't dare look at Rehaan's face. I was too embarrassed.

Everybody else laughed. This is so embarrassing!

"That is really good Ahana! What about your hobbies?" Rehaan's mother asked. "My hobbies? Uhm my most favourite hobbies are singing and painting. I like cooking and I've learnt horse riding. I also read and yea that's pretty much it," I say feeling a little shy when all eyes were on me. And when I say all eyes I mean all eyes, if you get what I'm saying.

"No no! Ahana even dances very well no di (sister)?" Aryan said. That little- "Really? You dance too? What do you not do?" Aisha asked looking pretty impressed.

"I just do it when I'm bored. Nothing special. And I can't do many things," I say humbly.

"I somehow can't believe that. You're smart, you dance, sing, do art, cook and even horse ride! What can you not do?" she said disbelievingly.

"Well I can't swim, like at all. I don't do much sports, except for horse riding. I cannot do maths whatsoever and yea it just goes on," I say.

"I really like you! Cause I can't do maths too and I finally found someone who can't do it either. I really hate maths! Struggled in high school," she said. She's very easy to talk to. I like her. "Yea I never liked maths either," I tell her.

"So, Ahana do you remember Rehaan?" his mum asked. Oh god. "Uhm I know that he's your son but I don't really remember much about him," I tell her honestly.

She nodded understandingly."Of course, you were very young when we left India. Rehaan remembers you though, don't you Rehaan?" she asked her son. He remembers me? How? How does he remember and I don't?

He just nodded. I could see a faint blush creeping onto his neck. I had this sudden urge to giggle. He looked cute embarrassed. I suppressed my laughter and kept a serious face on.

"Rehaan tell Ahana about yourself. Her parents want to know you too," Rehaan's mum told him. He nodded and asks me, "What do you want to know?" "Uhh..." I say not sure about what to ask. Not because I had no questions, it was cause I had too many.

"You're 28 years old?" mum asked him. "No. I just turned 27," he answered.

"What have you studied Rehaan? And where do you work?" dad asked him. "I did my schooling in Holyfields Primary School and West High School. I studied business management for undergraduate at London School of Economics. I did my grad school in business management at University of Warwick. I am currently working with my dad, at Malhotra Steel Industries," he said. Wow, he's highly qualified.

"What about your hobbies?" Aryan asked. "I like playing video games. I play the guitar and do a little bit of sketching. Other than that, I played football in school so that's also a hobby of mine," he said.

"What video games do you play?" Aryan asked suddenly interested in the whole conversation. "My favourite is Call of duty and Mario Kart"

" I LOVE Mario Kart!!!" Aryan says. He then turns to me and says, "I approve sis. He plays Mario Kart!"

Way to embarrass me Aryan! That idiot.

"Maybe they can talk privately for a while, if that's okay for you Sukh," Mr Malhotra told my dad. "Yes. I have no problem," Dad said.

"Okay then, how about you guys go to the garden?" mum suggested. Oh my god, I'm a bunch of nerves right now. I nodded and stood up. He stood up too and I gestured him to follow me.

"So this is our garden," I say trying, trying to lessen the awkwardness. We sat down at the table in the garden. Aryan and I had painted the table when we were younger. My dad had made it. We bought the chairs though.

"So.."

--------------------------

Author's Note

Ding! Ding! New chapter up!

Please vote, comment and share!

P.S: None of the chapter are edited so kindly bear with me. :)

-007Potter