Chapter 1

"So panditji* do their kundalis* match?" Sukh Chauhan asked the pandit.  "Haan* it matches 90%. They are both perfect for each other. The boy's kundali shows that he has to get married before July and it is already February," the pandit answered. 

Both Sukh Chauhan and Ram Malhotra left the temple and started walking back.  "So if your daughter meets my son and both of them get along, then we can go ahead with the marriage right?" Ram asked Sukh. "Yes, but I don't want to pressurize my daughter. If she is not ready, then I'm afraid we'll have to respect her decisions," Sukh replied.

"I agree. So I'll talk to my son and let you know?"

"Yes Ram and hopefully, they will agree. At least to get to know each other. You are my best friend and I don't think I will be able to find a better family for my daughter than your family, " Sukh said.

"Yes, your daughter will be treated like a queen if she agrees to marry my son," Ram replied.

"Okay then, I will talk to my daughter and you talk to your son and I will let you know her decision latest by tomorrow. Is that fine?" Sukh asked Ram. 

"Yes. That is completely okay. I will let you know my son's decision too," Ram answered.

-------------------

At the Chauhan's

Ahana's P.O.V

"Aryan go get the door!" I yelled at my sixteen year old brother. He's become such a lazy bum.  "You go get it! I got it the last time!" he shouted. "You opened the door the last time only because there wasn't anyone else who could get it! Mum was bathing and I was the one knocking!" I yelled back. 

"Just go get it Ahana!" He shouted. I am not going this time. 

Before I could reply my mum rudely cut me off. "Ahana! Just open the door. Stop fighting like a child. You are turning 24 in five months! Go get the door!" 

I sighed and grumpily got up to open the door, hitting my brother on the way. "Hi papa! You're early today," I greeted my father. "Ya I was at the temple with Ram. You remember him don't you Ahana? He was the one who got you Mr Crunch," 

So Mr Crunch is my teddy bear. Ram uncle had gotten it for me when I was five. Ram uncle is my dad's childhood best friend. They were neighbours and also studied in the same school till twelfth standard. They both went to different colleges after school but still kept in touch. 

I don't really remember a lot about him because they shifted to the United Kingdoms when I was ten.  Apparently they came back last week so my dad went to meet him today.

"How is Ram? Its been so long since I've spoken to him," my mum said. "He's the same. Just grown a little plumper," my dad replied. 

My mum laughed. "And Malini? Did she come too? And what about Rehaan? He's older than Ahana no? Has he come to India too?" My mum interrogated my dad. 

"Sharada calm down. One question at a time please. No, Malini didn't come today. Rehaan is three years older than Ahana and no Rehaan hasn't yet returned to India. He's coming soon though," dad replied. 

"What about Aisha and Sanjog? Have they come back too?" my mum asked my dad again. 

"Aisha came back but Sanjog has a meeting along with Rehaan so they are coming later," my dad said.

"Who are these people anyways?" Aryan asked probably bored after playing the psp for such a long time. 

"Ram uncle is your father's childhood best friend. Rehaan, Aisha and Sanjog are his children. His family returned from the UK last week so your dad went to speak to him," my mum told him.

"Sharada, Ahana I have something important to talk to you. Let's go to the hall,"  my dad said seriously. 

Okay what is going on? I look at mum and she has the same half curious half worried expression like me. We enter the hall and sit down.

"Okay Sukh what happened? Is it something to be worried about?" mum asked worriedly. My dad laughed. Okay that means it isn't something to be worried about. 

"No no! Nothing to be worried about. Its about the Malhotra's," dad said.

About the Malhotra's? What about them? 

"So today Ram and I met the panditji at the temple. It was because Ram contacted me two days ago asking about Ahana," dad said.

About me? Why? My dad continued, " Ram and Malini have been searching for a girl for Rehaan but weren't able to find one who suited their criteria. And then Malini remembered Ahana and so Ram decided to meet up with me to propose the idea of marriage with Ahana,"

Okay what?! 

Marriage?! Like at 23?!

"24" Aryan said. Did  I say that out loud? "Yes you did dumb ass," he said again.

"Aryan language!" mum yelled. 

"So, I went with your kundali today to the pandit to check if both your kundali's match," My dad said.

Whoa! This is real?! 

"Yes it is" Aryan replied. Damn did I say that out loud again? "Yes! you did!" he replied.

"So do they match? Their kundalis?" mum asked looking hopeful. She wants this to happen?!

"Yes they do. They match very well. So Ram wanted me to ask you if you would meet their son Rehaan and if you are comfortable with each other then we can go ahead with the marriage," dad said.

What?!

"Beta* the Malhotra's are a really good family. If this does work out, I know you won't regret it," mum said.

"But we aren't pressurizing you. We are just asking you to give it a go," dad said.

"Can I think about it? This is a lot to take in," I told my parents.

"Of course dear. Here's his photo. He's also there on Facebook. If you do agree to get to know him, they'll come home to meet you," dad said.

I just nodded and went to my room. I get on my bed and stare at the ceiling. Am I ready for marriage? I open the envelope and look at his photo. Not going to lie, he looks hot.

Damn! 

-----------------------

Pandiji: Indian hindu scholars who also know astrology and horoscope reading.

kundali: a spiral or a natal chart in Indian astrology.

Haan: meaning 'yes' in Hindi

Beta: meaning 'child' in Hindi.

-------------

Author's Note:

Hey Guys!

If you like my story, please vote,comment and share!

Thank You!

-007Potter