Chapter 8

Ahana's P.O.V

"So.." Rehaan said. "Hmm?" I asked him. 

"You look uh nice," he said a little nervously. I blushed. I was never the one who takes compliments well. "Thank you," I say softly. 

"So you studied media?" he asked. I nodded, "Yea along with communications and English," I say. "That's cool. Are you planning to work soon?" 

"Yea I got a job too. I start next month," I tell him proudly. "Wow. That's good news. Congrats! Where though?" he asks looking impressed. 

"I will be working for the Femina magazine company. I'll be working in the advertisement department," I tell him. "That's really good. Congrats again!" he says. "Thanks," I smile.

"So, do you want to play 20 questions?" he asked. "Yea okay," I say.

"Do you want me to start or will you go first?" he asked. "You can go first," I said.

"Okay, what is your favourite colour?" he asked. "Red, you?" I say. "Blue"

"What are the vegetables you love and hate?" I ask. I was pretty comfortable now. Just a little shy. He was easy to get along with.  "Uh, I love peas and hate radish. What about you?" 

"I love onions and hate gourd," I say. It went on for a while and I found out a lot about him, he likes rock music,  hates reading, can't stand the smell of eggs, his favourite food is lasagne and masala dosa (Traditional South Indian food) etc. 

 "This might be a little personal. You don't have to answer it if you aren't comfortable doing so," he said. I nodded and asked him to go ahead. "Did you have any boyfriends? Or do you have any boyfriend?" he asked. 

Oh.

This is embarrassing. How do I tell him I've never had a boyfriend before? "It's okay. You don't have to answer. I'm so stupid God!" He said, mumbling the last part.

"No no. Its alright. I have never had a boyfriend.." I told him. He looked at me with a shocked expression. "What?" I ask feeling a little self conscious. "You've never had a boyfriend? Like ever?" he asked still having the same expression.

"No..." I say softly. "Why are you so surprised?" I ask him. "Because you're beautiful and funny and it's kind of impossible that you never dated anyone," he says. What am I supposed to say to that? Thanks for thinking that way? or that it is possible cause well it is true? 

"I never had one," I said. "Do you?" I ask him. "I mean do you have any girlfriend?" 

"No. I don't have one," He said. Somehow after he said that, I felt relief wash over me. Don't ask why. I don't know myself. 

"Did you ever have one?" I ask him. "Uh yea, I did," he said. Obviously he did have girlfriends. I mean look at him! 

"You didn't break-up with her just cause your parents said you had to meet me right?" I asked him, a little scared.  He laughs, "No no. I broke up with her more than a month ago"

"Why?" I ask him, not really thinking. "I mean you don't have to answer that. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was prying cause I wasn't trying to," I babbled. 

"No it's okay. I broke up with Natasha because she well, she cheated on me," Oh. That must've been awful. 

"She cheated on you with whom?" I ask. "With my best friend," he said making quotation mark with his hands while saying the word 'best friend'.  "I'm so sorry," I say not knowing what else to say.

"Its okay. At least I got to know about her before anything else happened," he said.  I just stuck to nodding. 

"So were you forced to meet me? I won't tell anyone. I just need to know if this was on your own will," he asked. "Yea. I decided to meet you. My parents didn't force me. They asked me if I was okay with meeting you and I thought there wasn't any harm in meeting, so I agreed. They didn't force me at all," I tell him.