Chapter 49, Part I

Ahana's P.O.V

It's been one and a half months. Rehaan practically lived with us. He wouldn't let me out of sight even for a minute. It was cute, really, but annoying too. He was always there. So I made him go out and spend the day with Biren. I am nearly back to normal but my family is still pretty paranoid after what happened. Oh yes, Biren asked Nidhi out a month after my discharge from the hospital. Apparently, they've kept in touch ever since they first met. I'm happy for her. I can see that Nidhi really likes, or even loves Biren and Biren definitely reciprocates her feelings.

"Hey!" Nidhi said as she entered my room. "Lover boy isn't here?! Wow," I rolled my eyes but smiled and said, "I sent him out with your boyfriend. Didn't Biren tell you?" She sat on my bed and said, "Yea he said something about meeting Rehaan but I didn't think he would actually hang out with Biren."

"Yea well I forced him," I said nonchalantly. She laughed. "Your wedding is in less than a month. This is so exciting!" Yes, I am getting married in half a month. I am going to be Mrs Ahana Chauhan Malhotra. Yes, I am going to keep my maiden name too. I am so nervous. "Oy! Stop dreaming about Rehaan. We're going Lehenga shopping now. Aunty and Rehaan's mum are waiting downstairs," Nidhi said. "Oh right! I'm ready. Let's go."

Soon we found ourselves in the boutique looking at various outfits. "Everything is so pretty!" Mum said looking at all the clothes in awe. I was more nervous than excited. "Hey! Try this on!" Rehaan's mum said, holding a beautiful Lehenga. It was dark pink. I nodded nervously and went to the fitting room. One of the employees helped me out. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked great but this wasn't the Lehenga for me. I walked out of the fitting room and showed them the Lehenga.

"It's very beautiful but I don't think it's the one," Rehaan's mum said

"It's very beautiful but I don't think it's the one," Rehaan's mum said. I breathed out in relief when everybody else agreed upon the same thing. I really didn't want to hurt Rehaan's mum but I didn't think the Lehenga was for me.

After about two hours of searching, I had given up. But none of the others, especially Nidhi were even close to giving up. I wanted to cry because we couldn't find any suitable Lehenga. They were pretty, of course but I wanted to look beautiful. For Rehaan and for myself.

"Oh my god. This is beautiful!" I heard Nidhi squeak. I rolled my eyes. She said the same thing for every Lehenga that she found. I bet this one wasn't the one either. "Look!" she said, standing in front of me, holding the Lehenga.

I looked at it, and was in awe. This time, Nidhi's squeaks made complete sense. It was the most beautiful Lehenga I had ever seen. It was simple and perfect.

"Go try it," mum said. I nodded and went into the fitting room and tried the Lehenga on. It fit perfectly and it looked amazing. I went out shyly and showed them the dress. They gasped and all of them had a look of awe on their faces. "Beautiful.." Rehaan's mum whispered. Nidhi was smiling extremely widely. Mum had tears in her eyes, "My baby. My beautiful baby. You look like a princess,"