Chapter 32

Ahana's P.O.V

I'm bored. Nidhi has gone to meet her grandparents. Rehaan, well he's doing I don't know what. Even Aryan is out at his friend's place. I have listened to music, played my guitar, tried helping mum at the kitchen; she wouldn't let me since I was sick. I also sketched, painted, watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S, played a few games online, stalked celebrities online and spoke to my colleague about when I'll be returning to work.

And now, I'm bored.

I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I said. Mum came in with a bowl of soup. Ugh. I'm getting sick of drinking soup. I have had it twice already today.

"Beta, drink this. It's good for you. Also, your father asked me to talk to you." Mum said, sitting beside me on my bed.

"What is it ma?" I asked, drinking the soup.

"Ahana, it's about your marriage dear. You don't have much time. March is going to end. The pandit ji had said you had to get married before July if you're marrying Rehaan. So even his parents want to know if you want to marry him or not because if you don't want to, they have to search for another girl. And there isn't much time. You have known him for a month and by now, you must be knowing something about him. If you like him or not." Mum explained.

Oh god.

The thought of Rehaan marrying someone else breaks my heart. I don't want him to be with someone who isn't me.

I like Rehaan. I really do. And I like spending time with him. Whenever I'm with Rehaan, I don't feel awkward. Shy? Yes. But never awkward. I feel safe whenever he's with me. Even if it's 3 in the night, if I am with him, I know I wouldn't be afraid.

"I know it's too early for you to say anything. And I know that no one can get to know another person completely in the span of one month. But Ahana, it isn't just about you right? It is also about Rehaan. He has to get married before July whereas you are in so such hurry. Your decision is important here." Mum said again.

I nodded. "Yes mum. I understand and whereas my decision? I like him ma. I really do. I think I want to spend the rest of my life with him." I said, shyly.

"So I can tell his parents that you said yes?" she asked hopefully. I shyly nodded. My mum squealed and hugged me.

I giggled. But one thought came to my mind which made my smile slip from my face. "But ma, what if he says no?" I asked.

She laughed. Why is laughing?

"Oh dear, his parents had asked him and he said it was a yes from him if you agreed." She replied with joy.

"Really?" I asked her, smiling. I couldn't contain my smile. My mum nodded and hugged me.

"You've made the right decision Ahana. He is perfect for you." She said. I smiled shyly.

"So we can go ahead with the engagement?" she asked.

All of this was overwhelming but exciting too. I nodded. I was ready.

My mum smiled widely and ran downstairs. Like literally ran. I giggled.

I finished my soup and lied down on the bed thinking about how my life had changed so much. In a good way of course.

-----------------------------------------

Rehaan's P.O.V

"Where is this place Raja?" I asked, frustrated. "About five more minutes sir and we'll be there." He answered.