~~Ruki's P.O.V.~~

Ruki's P.O.V.

[Y/N]... [Y/N]... Where are you?

I can't see you, where could you be going when I'm here like this?

Have you possibly abandoned me?

Suddenly, I feel a pair of hands enveloping me with its warmth, decomposing the uneasiness clouding my chest. However, droplets of tears fall upon my skin as well.

[Y/N]... please, somehow, forgive me——

— × —

"A carnival in the demon world?"

Your sweet voice entered the vampire's ears, carving a smirk upon his face. He nodded his head before taking a sip of his coffee, sitting on the couch in front of you.

"Yes, we are all invited by Lord Karheinz." He spoke, "What do you think? Will you come?"

"Is it really okay for me to come?" You put down the book you were reading and looked at him in the eye in which he replied, "Of course, I'm with you so it will be alright."

"Ah, okay." You cracked a smile, "It sounds interesting too."

"Well then," Ruki displayed a rare genuine smile on his face, "Let's get prepared. I'll have to tell the others before that too."

"Alright."

At that time, I did not think for a second that disaster was awaiting us ahead.

I wonder if this is the punishment for going against that person.

I wonder if I'm being cursed for I've become the snake that tempted the Eve.

This pathetic me who can never become Adam...

But why... let the Eve suffer as well?

— × —

Your eyes twinkled as you witnessed for the first time what kind of place the demon world was. It was not a grim and a dark realm as you expected. Stands were set up, music was playing and vampires were walking alongside each other. To be honest, it reminded you of the world you grew up in.

"Livestock." Ruki called, intertwining his hand with yours. "Don't wander off on your own. This place may look like your world but they are still vampires. Once they realize you're a human, you'll be hunted."

You let out a nervous chuckle and squeezed his hand, "Don't worry, I'll always be by your side."

Always... by my side.

Really, you are too true to your words.

"Oh! They sell cute cat plushies over there!" Kou suddenly shouted, surprising the two of you. "Yuma-kun, Azusa-kun, let's go!!"

"K-Kou?" You called out though he didn't hear you as he continued running to the said stand. "Is it okay, Ruki?"

"It's fine, don't mind them."

It was hard to tell whether Kou was being considerate or what. I glanced at the human by my side, she seemed very fascinated by the demon world.

True, this carnival was just like one you would see back in the human realm. It must all be Lord Karlheinz's work.

The ignorant Eve who had yet to be aware of what a callous place the demon world was... I wouldn't want to taint that beautiful thought of yours.

"Ruki?" You tugged on his sleeves, summoning him back to reality. "Do you have anywhere you want to go?"

"Not really." His eyes still travelled his surroundings as he replied. "But since we're here, let's go look around."