~~Subaru's P.O.V. #2~~

It was a month full of despair.

You sat on the floor of the apartment the Sakamaki family rented for you, frowning as you stared upon the plain wall.

What was Subaru doing...?

Was he alright?

It had been a month since you left the mansion, deciding that it was for the best. As time passed, it seemed like just being in the same room as you were could cause him to lose his consciousness.

Just who was the person horrible enough to cast a curse upon the two of you?

What kind of grudge did they have to drive them into such extend?

Or maybe... both of you weren't just meant to be with each other?

Maybe he would've been happier had the two of you not met.

It could have ended a happy ending if you didn't choose him.

No... you couldn't think like that.

Subaru was suffering by himself because he loved you, it was wrong to think that way.

There... must be a way to break the curse.

You rose from your sitting position, glancing at the moon bestowing its radiant light upon the street.

Releasing a sigh, you closed your eyes as you looked into your memory.

I was already half-conscious as we discussed.

"Then, I'll go to the rooftop."

I weakly nodded, taking out my mobile phone.

As soon as she was gone, I could feel my energy replenishing itself. It was slow but I managed to open my eyes and got a good look at the classroom displaying itself in front of me.

A few minutes later, I was fully awake. I could walk around the room with my eyes focused.

I almost jumped in surprise as soon as my phone rang, I let out a sigh of relief realizing that it was only my mobile phone. I shouldn't have set such a strange ringtone.

The name on the screen read her name, I picked it up and placed it right beside my ear.

"Subaru?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you tired?"

"Nope."

"Ah, good then." ^^

"Yeah."

I smiled.

This way, we could keep in touch with each other even though we were far apart.

Not having any relevant topic to discuss, we talked about anything that came to mind. Although it was mostly her who did the talking.

She told me about the anime she watched, the beautiful opening and ending songs they got and the stuffs she bought from the anime store.

It was annoying to hear but... just hearing her voice made me feel really comfortable. It was enough to put a warm smile on my face.

"[Y/N]..."

"Yes?"

"Nothing.."

"Hm... Subaru?"

"Huh?"

"I love you."

"WHAT? Why are you saying that out of nowhere?"

"Because I got the feeling you'd feel even happier if I say that." ^^