~~Subaru's P.O.V.~~

Subaru's P.O.V.
What do I fear, you ask?

Of course it would be...

...losing you.

The vampire sat beside the human who was happily devouring a cone of ice-cream. He watched her silently, not bothering to utter any word.

"Subaru?"

"Hm?"

"Are you tired?"

"No. Why?"

"Your face kinda looks like it."

Did my face really look like that? Was I tired even though I was by her side?

I was sure I enjoyed myself. After all, I was spending time with her.

I told her I was fine and so she returned back to her ice-cream. I pondered over those words she said to me for the rest of the day.

The rain poured down heavily, lightning struck and thunders roared.

However, those weren't what woke Subaru up.

I could hear the disturbing noises of teeth chattering. I growled and rose up the bed.

Bed?

Just then, I realized I fell asleep while talking with her the previous day.

By my side, I saw her shivering figure curled up into a ball on the left side of the bed beneath the covers. I frowned as I stared at her in such state.

The weather was indeed very cold.

But what could I do to comfort her?

A vampire like me who had nothing but a stone cold body... I couldn't do anything to keep her warm, could I?

So I gently shook her, hoping she'd wake up.

But who am I kidding?

Those light shakes wouldn't wake up a heavy sleeper like her.

I sighed and carressed her cheeks. Despite the coldness we were feeling, her body was still very warm.

I removed the strands of hair from covering her face and smiled. She looked so peaceful in her sleep.

"[Y/N]..." I whispered.

I gave her my share of blanket, wrapping her to make sure the cold wouldn't get to her before lying back down on the bed, staring upon the dark ceiling.

"Subaru...?"

Her sudden voice surprised me.

"W-What? Why are you awake!?"

"Huh...? I don't know, I suddenly woke up? Probably because of the cold, I guess..."

"Oh, I see.." Subaru muttered as he averted his gaze away.

"Hey, what about you? Why aren't you asleep?" You questioned.

"I woke up because of... the thunders earlier."

"Ah, I see..."

The sound of the rain hitting on the roofs and the ground occupied the room, the two of you had closed your eyes once again although none were planning to sleep.

You reached out your hand to his, slowly holding his in your own.

Subaru's eyes slammed open, "WHAT?"