Freedom - Day 19

DAY NINETEEN - TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY FREEDOMS

Today I am grateful for my freedoms.  I try not to watch the news, so much of it is not only depressing but it is twisted and filled with half truths.  That is not to say that I do not keep up with world events, I do I just don't do it through traditional sources.  As I watch what is going on in the world today, it is hard to keep from feeling disheartened.  The violence, corruption, hypocrisy, and straight up villinery that fills our world is cause for deep concern.  However, I am still ever so grateful for the blessings of freedom that I am afforded.  I own a stack of Bibles, I can come and go from my home as I please, when I go shopping the store shelves are filled with the finest foods and I have the right and freedom to defend myself and my family.  These are all freedoms that I do not take for granted and I will fight to keep. 

I do not assume to tell others how to live their lives and I expect them to do the same for me.  I am grateful that, for the time being, I live where this is possible.  I see so many others that are persecuted for their beliefs and my heart breaks for them.  I am grateful that I have the freedom to live my life as I see fit, to raise my children as I see fit and to practice my faith as I see fit.  I pray that someday every human in the world will be afforded the freedoms that have been afforded to me.

Today i am grateful for my freedoms.