My Family - Day 23

DAY TWENTY-THREE - TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY FAMILY

Today I am grateful for my family.  I know I have already spoken about how grateful I am for each of my family members.  But today I am grateful for my family as a whole, for my family unit.  We all work together as one united group.  We don't always get along every moment, no family does.  But we have an understanding between us that allows for those moments of irritation and then lets them go so they do not cause larger issues.

I am grateful that we tell the truth to one another and give each other the benefit of the doubt.  We go the extra mile for one another, laugh together, grieve together and lift one another up when one of us has fallen.  At any moment of the night or day I know that I know, I can call upon anyone of my family members to help me, and they will be at my side in an instant and I would do the same for any of them.

Today was Thanksgiving and the best part of the day was late in the evening, after dinner had been eaten and we were sitting watching movies.  My three year old granddaughter was sitting in my lap and she insisted that we all reach out and hold hands, we did so and then she told us to pray.  She wanted each of us to say a prayer.  She did this all on her own, no one asked her to, it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.  My eight year old grandson, said his prayer and thanked God for our family and thanked God that His Son died for our sins.  My granddaughter thanked God for our food and for our family.  I too thanked God for this amazing family He has given me.

Today I am grateful for my family.