My Bed - Day 16

DAY SIXTEEN - TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY BED

Today I am grateful for my bed.  I know this may sound a bit strange but literally every night when I go to bed I thank God for my bed, for many reasons.  Of course the first reason I am grateful is that I have a bed at all.  I know how blessed I am to have a roof over my head and a comfortable bed to sleep in each night, when so many around the world do not share the same blessings.  It is one of those things that maybe we take for granted, that during our busy lives we forget to be grateful for the convenience of a warm soft bed. 

The second reason is a bit more personal, I have sleep apnea and I have to sleep with a full face mask.  I have had it all my life, even before I got heavy, it is only within the last 6 years or so that it was fully diagnosed and I was prescribed the CPAP machine and O2.  I can only sleep on my back so I am so grateful I was able to purchase a bed that is extremely comfortable and the head and foot of the bed moves up so that I can actually sleep in a position that keeps my mask in place. 

When I lay in bed at night, I am grateful that I have those quiet moments before sleep takes hold and I can reflect on the day and count my blessings.  I spend those last moments of the day lifting my family and friends up in prayer and laying all my concerns at the foot of my Savior. I am grateful that I can fall asleep in a safe warm place.

Today I am grateful for my bed.