My First Born - Day 2

DAY TWO - I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY FIRST BORN CHILD

I am thankful for my first born son.  He is my miracle child, my gift.  When I became pregnant at 20, I was not married or in a loving relationship and I was living a very wild lifestyle.  I didn't tell anyone about my pregnancy.  I delivered my beautiful baby boy all by myself in my bedroom.  My parents and brothers were home, but I didn't make a sound.  The next morning when my father and brothers went to work I took my son to my mother and told her I wanted to give him up for adoption.  I wanted him to have the best life possible, I did not believe I could give him that.

I worked the day before I gave birth and after giving him up for adoption the day he was born, I went to work the next day, my father begged me to get him back.  It was the one and only time I went against my father's wishes.  Through another series of miraculous events, I brought my son home a week later.  He became my life's blood, my reason for living, my reason for getting my life in order.

This year he turned 29 years old. He is tall, a giant of a man, smart, wise, handsome, a wonderful devoted husband and father.  He is best friends with his younger brother, who he has mentored for his whole life.  He is a child of God.

As a child he never liked to color, but he sings and plays the guitar and bass, he is self-taught.  When he got older I would take him to 4-H events and he would always want to sit with me.  I told him to go sit with his friends, I didn't mind.  He would say "No mom I always have more fun with you." His friends became my children too, I am proud to say I was the "cool mom". LOL

He is not perfect and made his fair share of mistakes but he owns them, learns from them and tries to pass on the knowledge he has gained to his own two children.  He takes after my father, even looks like my dad, (I love that).  He is always right, I mean that literally, it makes me so mad sometimes, you can never win an argument with him because he is always right.

When I look at him my pride over flows at the amazing, creative, compassionate man he has become and I am honored that God saw fit to allow me to be his mother.  I don't know if I have given him the best life possible but I have given him  a mother that loves him beyond words.

Today I am grateful for my first born son.