My Kitties - Day 13

DAY THIRTEEN - TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR MY FUR BABIES

Today I am grateful for my fur babies.  I have always been a cat person.  I have had several dogs and I loved them ever so much but cats are my favorite.  I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have a cat in my home. 

Growing up in a rural area, we always had lots of cats, most of them were barn cats, but we always had one or two that were allowed in the house.  My mom believes that cats need exotic names, I feel the same.  Of course the old saying, dogs have masters, cats have staff is so true. 

At the moment I have two cats.  One is my son's cat and he did not hold to the idea of exotic names, he just called her Kitty.  Kitty is devoted to my son, almost like a dog.  She looks at him like she is in love with him, lol.  My cat is Isabeau and she is crazy as a March hare! She runs through the house like a bat out of hell, climbs the drapes and killed all of my house plants.  But she is beautiful and she loves me too, even if she shows it in the craziest of ways. 

I think that God created cats for the sheer enjoyment of humans.  He created these beautiful little creatures to sit in our laps, drive us crazy, eat us out of house and home and give us unconditional love.  Each of the cats I have owned have had a big impact on my life.  They were all so different and yet gave me the same exceptional love.  I have often thought about writing a book about my cats and what each of them taught me.  Maybe someday I will get it done. 

I can't imagine my life without having at least one cat in it!

Today I am grateful for my cats!