Chapter Twenty-Five: The Secret is Out

Start from the beginning

“There not Holls,”

“How?” Holly asked, slamming her locker door shut and following me.

“I really don’t know,” I muttered. “She ran into me in the ice cream parlour, I guess she might’ve saw Thomas and finally connected the dots. She’s smarter than most people give her credit for.”

“Where is that slut? I am going to kill her,” Holly said her eyes narrowing.

I shook my head, “I appreciate it Holls, but I’d rather you not do that. I don’t want her spilling to the whole school.”

“Fine,” Holly sighed. “Only because you told me not too.”

I rolled my eyes, “Thanks, Holls.”

“So, did you tell Ben or your dad that someone knows your secret?” Holly questioned.

I shook my head, “No. Because Ben might tell my dad and that’s really the last thing I need.”

“So what do you want to do?” Holly asked.

“Nothing,” I said. “Nothing at all.”

“Okay, if you wish. I am going to get to class the bell is about to ring in a few minutes.” Holly said turning around and walking away towards the Art hall where she had Art first period while I had drama. I turned around to go the other way towards the schools theatre.

I still couldn’t wrap my head around that out of all people in the whole wide world Ashley found out. It was quite shocking to be honest, but I really shouldn’t be surprised even if another person finds out. I didn’t change much, and now knowing that I am at risk for someone else to find out and even blackmail me, is making me think twice if going to school was really a good idea.

I was up all night thinking of what I should do about the whole Ashley situation, nothing came to mind. I didn’t understand how she figured out there, she sees me at school all the time. Why did she figure out how I looked when we were alone, maybe she saw Thomas, Ricky and I come in and finally connect the dots?

I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated that I wasn’t getting an answer. When I finally reached the theatre I pulled the door open, the bell had rung already and people were finally starting to make their way to class.

I noticed Sarah, due to her red hair sitting in the front seat of the theatre. I went up to her taking a seat, “Hey.” I said greeting her.

“Hey, Ali. How was your weekend?” I opened my mouth to speak but Sarah cut me off, “It was good, maybe even great because of your fantastic coffee date with Mr. Storm.” She said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I chuckled, giving her a light shove. “Why did you ask, if you were going to answer your own question?”

Sarah shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know.”

I opened my mouth to speak but I felt someone’s presence next to me. I turned my head to see Gavin sitting next to me sipping on a drink. “You’re not allowed to have drinks in the theatre, one of Mrs. Moore’s many rules.” I told him.

“Morning to you too, nerd.” He replied his voice sounding a little groggy.

“Are you okay?” I asked getting a little worried, he sounded like he was getting sick.

“It’s a Monday morning, of course I am alright.” He said his voice filled with sarcasm.

“Well aren’t you a ball of sunshine,” I mumbled turning my attention to Mrs. Moore who was standing on the stage waiting for everyone to quiet down and begin the lesson.