Chapter 30

"Sasuke!"

Naruto rushed into the dome of ice mirrors, face worried as heck.

"I'm fine, Naruto," Sasuke said. The purple waves of chakra waves violently around Sasuke. Senbon showered down on both of them, and Naruto pushed them away with his rinnegan.

They all hit the boy in places that would knock him out.

Talk about accuracy without even trying, thought Haku as his vision and consciousness faded into smokey, misty, darkness.

"It's your time to die, Kyuubi," said a voice from Sasuke's lips.

"Wha- Sasuke what's going on?!" Naruto watched at the chakra dashed towards Naruto, and soon, a hit came. No, it wasn't just chakra, but Sasuke was now apart of the purple flaming chakra.

Blood red chakra rose from Naruto's body, and it slowly started to drag the chakra towards 'Sasuke', pulling Naruto with it.

The voice chuckled and snickered quietly. It was eerie, and it seemed evil. No... Evil didn't even seem to come close... Vile... Monsterous... Unearthly... He couldn't just pick one word.

Dread trembled in Naruto, as he was slowly being pulled to the purple flames.

Soon, the pace picked up, and Naruto felt like he was being pulled with his own justu.

Suddenly, A sharp pain exploded all over his body. He coughed up blood, almost choking, and it landed on his chin and chest. He wearily, and slowly looked down, quivering. Sasuke's arm went through his heart. Up close, he could see that Sasuke looked feral, as Naruto often did with Kyuubi was letting him use his chakra.

Naruto was now just realizing, that since the boy fainted, the ice mirrors had shattered.

"Sa... Suke..." Naruto continued to cough up blood. "What's... Going on with... you..."

Sasuke's eyes just narrowed, and the chakra slowly faded. Soon, Sasuke had finished processing what had happened. "No... No, no no, shoot!" Sasuke didn't bother to pull his arm out of Naruto's chest, knowing that if he did, his best friend would probably die. "Darn you demon!"

A tear rolled down Sasuke's face, and he looked around. "Kakashi-sensei, Sakura!" No one came, and Naruto's eyes started to droop.

"It's no use, Sasuke... Just tell my father, that I'm sorry... " Naruto's words became slurred and labored. His breathing was slow and jagged, getting slower and slower and shallower every second. He was dying.

Haku

Haku watched as the strange purple chakra engulfed Sasuke. Then everything went black.

Of what felt like hours in darkness, a light finally emerged. He was in his old house... In the mist... He was making a snowflake. Calling to his mother, she stared and then shrieked. Grabbing him, she scolded him, telling him to never, ever do that again.

The next day, his father had murdered his mother and was trying to find him, to kill him too. Haku silently cried. It wasn't his fault... It wasn't his fault that he was born like this. Why did the Mizukage have to be so cruel? To order a death sentence for anyone who had a Kekkai Genkai?

It wasn't fair. His father left and lit the house on fire. Using his justu however, he was able to put it out.

He sat on a bridge, crying, sobbing. People passed him by, not bothering to help him, nor comfort him. They didn't bother to even look at him as if he were just a piece of litter, a piece of trash. It hurt him, deep inside. He could feel it, but he couldn't do anything about it. The sun began to fall, and snow began to dance slowly in the air, as the wind pushed it to one side to another.

Suddenly, a man had stopped in front of him and looked down. A ninja. He was wearing cloth bandages around the lower half of his face, and he had a beheading sword strapped to his back. He was one of the seven swordsmen of the mist. "You know, there's a death penalty for people who don't use normal mist justu..."

Haku squeaked but didn't move. "Wherever you're going... May I come with?"

The man frowned. "If you come with me, you will be my tool," he put his hand on his hip.

Haku stood up, smiled. "A tool is better than trash!"

The man nodded in agreement.

They walked all over, and Haku was always patient and would do as Zabuza-san asked. Even though the man considered him a tool, Haku saw him as a father. He took care of him, fed him, and let him be a child. In the forest, there was a young rabbit hopping by. "Zabuza-san... I want a pet..."

Zabuza looked down, as Haku pointed to the rabbit, who was now chewing on grass and roots. "Very well. Be quick in catching it," he said and sat down.

Within a minute, the boy had set up a trap. He chased the rabbit towards it, and then, snatched it. The rabbit didn't seem too happy about being a pet, especially as Haku didn't hold it in a good position, but it didn't often try to be free from Haku's grasp, which was weird.

Haku smiled at the memories, as he watched his younger self-carry a white winter rabbit.

Also... TY FOR 41K READS!!