Chapter 25

"Naruto?" Minato waved his hand in front of his son's face. "Naruto."

"Huh?"  Naruto jolted up from his seat. "Oh. What do you want?"

Minato's face said nothing, his lips were closed and his eyes were blank endless pools of blue. He smiled, trying to conjure up some cheer. "Just seeing how my only son was doing." 

"I told you, I hate you," Naruto said. He felt a pain in his heart pushing away his only blood relative when all he meant was to protect him. But it just felt so wrong, wrong to apologize so soon.  No, he'd wait. He wasn't going to apologize now. Not yet. 

Minato's smile faltered ever so slightly but kept it up. "I know I lied..." Minato's smile went. "I'll make it up to you someday, Naruto."

Naruto nodded,  he turned around and walked away from Minato. Heading out the door, Minato teleported behind him and held a hand on his shoulder tightly. "Can I at least teach you?"

Naruto looked up, thoughts entering and leaving his mind, deciding if the answer would be yes, or no. Naruto shrugged Minato's shoulder off and walked out to where Kakashi was resting. He was reading Icha Icha. Naruto's nose wrinkled in disgust but walked up to him, and sat on the log next to him. Ahead, he saw Sasuke and Sakura sparing. "Hey, Kakashi-sensei?" 

Kakashi looked up from his book with a bored expression. "Hmm? What is it Naruto." Kakashi looked back at his book. 

"Minato just asked if he should train me..." Naruto put his hands on his knees, and folded his fingers in front of his face, using his thumbs as a rest for his chin. 

Kakashi looked at him, but his head still faced his book. "Is that so... Did you say yes?" Kakashi watched as Naruto's eyes widened. He chuckled. "You know, Naruto." Naruto's face bolted from looking at Sasuke and Sakura spar to Kakashi. "Minato-sensei is an SS-rank Ninja. Honestly, why would you say no?"

Naruto sighed, and slid onto the ground, pouting. "Because you're his student. The next generation is supposed to surpass the next."

Kakashi closed his book and bopped Naruto on the head with it. "Naruto, of all the people I know, you're probably the only one that could ever surpass him in this day in age."

Naruto rubbed his head, glaring at Kakashi. "So you're saying to accept his lessons? Even though he lied to me?" Kakashi looked him evenly in the eyes. 

"Yes," Kakashi had no emotion in his voice. "That is exactly what I'm suggesting." Naruto groaned in protest. "Go." 

Naruto got up, to see Sasuke holding a kunai to Sakura's throat. "I win, Sakura." Naruto walked over to them and removed the kunai from Sasuke's hand. "Oi, dobe!"

"Spar with me." Naruto's voice held slight excitement in it. Sasuke looked at him. 

"Hn," Sasuke folded his arms. 

"Oh come on, Sasuke!" Naruto grabbed a kunai and charged at Sasuke. 

"Fine, dobe." Sasuke grabbed shuriken from his pouch and threw them at Naruto. He dodged and used a kunai to deflect the remaining ones. 

Sasuke has started charging at him too, Kunai in hand. Extending his arm, Sasuke's kunai met Naruto's. Naruto kicked his leg out towards Sasuke's knee. Sasuke however, activated his Sharingan, and grabbed Naruto's arm, using the momentum to swing around and kick Naruto in the back. Naruto stumbled forward but regained balance.

"Dobe, you're a nuisance. How did you even become a ninja?" Naruto smirked in response, before exploding in a cloud of smoke. "Wha- Shadow clone?!?" Sasuke felt Naruto wrap his arm around his neck. He held onto his wrist, to keep it in place. Sasuke used his Kunai to cut him. An attempt to get free. Naruto didn't budge and kicked Sasuke in the back of the knee. Sasuke stumbled forward, but rolled onto the ground, pulling Naruto with him, over his head. 

Sasuke landed on top, and Naruto rolled to the side, kicking him off. Crossing his fingers, and channeling chakra into them Naruto created a small army of ten shadow clones. Some slid on the ground in an attempt to knock Sasuke down, while others went to restrain his arms and legs. Sasuke hit them all with a kunai, and they dispersed. Naruto just stood there, as Sasuke ran towards him, throwing shuriken. 

Orange rings formed around Naruto's eyes, and he closed them. He tilted side to side, jumped, ducked, and so on. He invaded all the shuriken. Sasuke smirked and jumped into the trees. He took out ninja wire and hid it in the shadows. He put a few paper bombs on the trees he wrapped it around. "Dobe," Sasuke muttered under his breath. 

Naruto had followed him. Sasuke stood in the center of a very small clearing not far in the woods. Naruto took one step and tripped the ninja wire. The paper bombs went off, Naruto dispersed. He turned around and blocked Naruto with his arm, looking at the kunai in his hand. 

"Not bad," spoke Naruto.  He pushed back, and landed on the ground, skidding a few feet away from Sasuke. 

Naruto began to charge again, but a flash of yellow appeared between Naruto and Sasuke. Sasuke looked at Minato, who had his hands out in case, and was facing Naruto. 

Naruto straightened up. "Were you watching the entire time?" 

"Perhaps," Minato folded his arms and walked towards Naruto. Sasuke was already walking away. 

Naruto scowled and turned his face away from Minato. "What did you think of it?" 

Minato paused. "Well, your taijutsu definitely needs work. However... It wasn't bad. Roughly, it was a tie. That is if you didn't hold back on your sage mode." Naruto looked at him, then angled his eyes towards the ground. 

"I accept your offer to train me..." Naruto's voice was quiet. Minato's face remained blank, but Naruto knew he was happy. 

"Alright, what do you want to learn first?" Naruto back up again. A large smile spread across his face. "Flying Raijin."

Minato looked at him and then facepalmed. "I meant that was your level."

Naruto frowned, and Minato placed his hand on his head and ruffled his hair. Naruto batted his hand off. "I... Don't know..."

Minato chuckled. "Alright... How about we start off with..."

That's it for now guys! I'll be able to update on Friday, I have the day off from school I'm sorry to keep you all waiting! Don't forget to give me story ideas!

 Also: 

Do you want Naruto to learn the Rasengan or more sealings? Vote in the comments! If I get none by Friday I'm picking!