Chapter 15

Naruto and his team walked towards the tower without a problem. Even though everyone was heading there already, his team overcame any opponents they met quickly. None were a match for Team 7. When they entered the tower the room was empty. The only things or people in the room was a picture, some upper balconies, and Team 7.

"What do you think we do now?"

"Open the scrolls, Baka, you heard the proctor said. Don't open them until we get to the tower. We must have to open than them now in order to pass. Don't you agree, Sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke just rolled his eyes, his arms folded. "Hn."

Naruto took out the two scrolls and handed one to Sasuke. Sasuke looked at both of them. "Open them on three guys... One... Two... Three!"

They opened the heaven and earth scrolls simultaneously, and nothing seemed to happen. Then a Comment later white smoke started pouring out of the Two scrolls. A moment later, a loud 'poof' noise echoed in the room and a cloud of smoke 'poofed' into existence between to two scrolls. When the smoke cleared, it was none other than... "Iruka-sensei!"

"Congratulations, Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto. You have passed the toughest phase of the chunin exam's second test. Now one more thing stands before you." Iruka nodded to the Photo in the wall then back at Team 7. "See the writing on the Photo? This is the last part of the exam you need to solve. Anyone care to read?"

Sakura volunteered "If heaven does not exist you must enrich your knowledge and prepare for the chance. If the earth does not exist, run the fields in search for advantage. Open a series of heaven and earth, and the perilous way shall be redressed. This is mainly the secret of the one that guides..."

"So, does anyone know what this means?" Iruka walked forward to his former students.

"It has something to do with the scrolls, right?"

"No duh dobe."

"Enough bickering you two!" Sakura pounded the top of their heads, leaving them stranded on the floor in pain.

Iruka smirked in amusement. "You are correct Naruto. If heaven does not exist in a shinobi, they turn out like you Naruto. Dumb, but strong. If the earth does not exist, a shinobi will be like Sakura. Smart, and skillful, but weak and unable to protect something. And if both heaven and earth exist, the shinobi will be like Sasuke. Both smart and witted." Iruka pointed to each of his former students as he explained, while Sasuke got back to standing. "Congrats. Team 7 has passed the Second test of the Chunin exams with flying colors! And just in time."

Naruto started Jumping in the air like a little kid, ready for the next part of the Chunin exams. Sasuke and Sakura just slid down the wall they were on and into a sitting position. "He has too much energy.." Muttered Sasuke. Sakura agreed.

Iruka just laughed as he watched Naruto. "I'd treat you all to ramen but..."
"Ramen?!"

"... You have to get to the next portion of the Chunin exams."

"Awww..." Naruto pouted and looked at the ground and back at Iruka.

Iruka gave an amused but sorrowful look to Naruto, explaining that 'today was just not the day' and pointed to the door. "I must go. Head through those doors and walk down the hall. The last door to the left is the room you want to go in." Team seven nodded before walking away to the location as directed. Maybe they are ready to be chunin... Just maybe...

As Naruto and his team turned into the room Iruka had told them about, they saw many applicants waiting in lines. The rookie nine among them as well as The sand team, Fu's team, sound team, and every other leaf applicant that had entered. Naruto and his team joined the lines and saw the proctors, sensei, and the Hokage. The sandaime stepped closer to the teams and nodded. "Congratulation. You have all passed the second test of the Chunin exams. And now, I would like to explain a few things before we move on. The Chunin exams are not just to make chunin in each nation. They are to balance the power of each country."

Kiba shot up his hands in annoyance. "So all this was for was measuring power! Pfsh!"

Naruto watched as Sarutobi blew out of his pipe. "Not quite, but you will learn in time..." Sarutobi was interrupted by a man.

"Hokage-sama... As Proctor of the third exam, may I continue?" Sarutobi nodded and stepped back. "I am Gekko Hayate. Procter of the *cough*third exam. Due to the fact that there is*cough* still too many of you for the final exam, you all will be faced*cough* with a preliminary battle."

"What! A preliminary! Not cool!"

"Kankuro shut up you're an embarrassment to the sand." Kankuro scowled being ordered by Gaara all time was a pain.

"Yes, a preliminary. You will fight in battles*cough**cough* one on one. No teams. The match will be concluded if one surrender, unable to fight, unconscious, or dead. The only other time a battle will end *cough**cough*is if I decide a battle is over, and I will jump in. The screen to my *cough* right will choose matches at random. Let the first match begin after the*cough* choosing of the genin."

Everyone watched as the screen goes through scribbles and letters as it decided who to choose to fight.

zfjdfhjsafhsljhfdasaieakfmieeieirebelejrnbabjlfw... And so on. Gibberish until...

Uchiha Sasuke vs. Yoroi Akado

A/N: Who's ready for some battle scenes?