Chapter 2

Minato had been waiting to come to see his son once more for his seventh birthday. After all, it would be the second time Minato would see his son since the Kyuubi attacked. Minato was wearing a black cloak and a hat. Even though if it probably would be better to use a henge transformation justu before he reached the gates.

"I wonder how he's doing," muttered Minato under his breath.

"Halt!" Ordered a shinobi guard as Minato entered the gates to the hidden leaf. "Password, why are you here?"

"I know not the password," lied Minato. "But I have a mission request for your Hokage."

"Missions you say... very well follow me" ordered the guard once more. Minato realized that he would have to make up a C rank mission or higher just to stay undetected. Minato quickly formed the henge hand seals and *poof* he was a twenty-year-old man, with brown hair and green eyes, and still had his cloak and hat on. He'd copy the look from a young shinobi in the land of wind, not that Minato was old, he was only 26. When they'd finally reached the Hokage's office the guard knocked.

"Come in," said a voice from inside. They entered to see a silver-haired ANBU kneeling before the Hokage with a dog mask on and gear much like... Kakashi?

"Yes sir!" said the ANBU whom Minato suspected to be his former student Kakashi Hatake before he vanished.

"This man wants to request a mission, sir." said the guard kneeling before the Hokage.

"What is this mission then? But first, please take off your hat and cloak please, sir," ordered the third Hokage, Sarutobi. Minato did as ordered and revealed his henge look. "Now then, what is your mission request?"

"My village is being ruined by murders, I wish for you to send some ninja and rid of them so that my village may go back to being a peaceful village," lied Minato. I'm in for it now once they figure out it was a lie... thought Minato wearily.

"Done, we'll send some genin home with you tomorrow, please take rest here in one of the hotels," requested the Hokage. "For free." Minato nodded and walked out the door and headed for his son.

"Kuchiyose no justu," said Minato, waving the hand signs then pushing his hand on the ground for the seal. Suddenly enough, a few small toads appeared. Minato showed them the picture he sketched of his son, then explained the toads about Naruto's hair color and eyes. "Find him." Sure enough, a few minutes later a toad came back and told Minato of his son's location. "Thanks," Minato said as he released the toads and walked towards his son's house.

Minato walked to the door that Minato had been informed about by his toads and knocked. While waiting, Minato noticed it was the same apartment he himself had lived in when he was young, considering he was an orphan himself.

Naruto, alerted by the knock, walked towards the locked door and looked through the hole in the door. He unlocked the door and opened it. "What do you want?" said Naruto bitterly. "Come to hurt me?" said Naruto closing the door.

"No, I just came to visit."
"I'm not allowed to have visitors," Naruto's voice was cold and quiet.

Feeling foolish Minato waved the hand seals for releasing the henge appearance and quickly grabbed the door handle and opened the door before Naruto completely closed, and locked it.

"Hey kid it's me!" Minato said, smiling. Naruto's face lit with delight and let Minato in.

"You're here!" squealed Naruto excitedly. Minato laughed.

"I brought you a present, Naruto."

"You did? And why are you here?" asked Naruto as Minato pulled out the little-wrapped gift.

"Well, I remembered your birthday so, I decided I should stop by and visit. I had nothing better to do anyway," Minato said smiling. The second half was a lie though, he did have some stuff to do but it could wait one day. "Anyway, here's your gift." Naruto ripped the wrapping paper off the gift and opened the box. "Happy Birthday, s-Naruto."Naruto beamed with joy, and gave Minato a hug, crying. Minato had almost said son, which would probably bring up some suspicion in Naruto. "Why are you crying? Has no one given you a gift before?"

"Old man comes and gives me games to play with me when he visits, but other than that no. Plus it gets boring cause he rarely visits anyway. I like yours the best. What is it?"

"It's a kunai, one that I can teleport to. If I ever hear of danger in Konoha, I will come." Naruto smiled when suddenly someone knocked on the door and came in without waiting for a response.

"Naruto?" the man asked. "Were you just talking to someone?"

"No, I wasn't an Old man."

"Alright, I just thought I heard someone I used to know... I'll continue my walk now."

"You can come down now, Minato," said Naruto to the man standing upside-down on the ceiling.

"Phew that was close," Minato said jumping down. "What do you want to do now? How about the celebrations?"

"I.. I don't like..."Naruto paused. "I don't like going out on my birthday..."

"Oh... well that's okay," Minato started looking through his son's house. Didn't like going out on his birthday? Did the village dishonor my last wish? For my son to be a hero? Minato sighed "How about we play some board games then?"

"Sure!"

-Hours later-

"Kid, I'm sorry, but I have to leave now."

"Already..." said a depressed Naruto. "Will you be back next year?"

"Sure," Minato lied. If I come back, things will only get worse... sorry Naruto. And with that Minato vanished from the house to a kunai in the land of wind.