Chapter 14

Sasuke had been wary of Naruto since he used him for an ax? No, tree breaker. That sounded better. He didn't even know how it happened. One second he fired off a fireball justu, and the next thing he knows, it comes back at him stronger than before. Then he's lifted off the ground by some unknown force and thrown into the tree, breaking it. He was waiting for Naruto and Sakura to come back with the fish. He was left to guard camp for his 'quote-unquote', "bad behavior". Sasuke could vaguely see his teammates returning from their fishing trip when he heard a noise behind him. Sasuke spun around to see three sand genin from the sound. Gaara no Subaku, and his siblings Temari and Kankuro no Subaku.

"Hello, Uchiha Sasuke."

"Gaara no Subaku... it seems that our time to battle has come."

By now both Sakura and Naruto had reappeared. "G-Gaara..." Temari looked at her younger brother before speaking again. "I thought you said to watch out for him..."

"Temari, we're not here for him."

 "Sasuke! You will not fight him, teme!"

Sakura winced due to the fact that dead last was limiting her crush's actions. Sasuke just smirked, challenging Naruto. "And who's there to stop me? Dobe."

Sakura straightened up. She would always agree with her crush. Always. "Yea! Who's gonna stop him, Baka?!" Sakura aimed a punch for Naruto but he blocked with his hand, still glaring daggers at Sasuke. Instead, after a few more punches that Naruto still managed to block, Sakura settled for punching a tree in frustration.

Gaara and his team just smirked as they examined their surroundings. Large trees everywhere, and a small clearing in the center where team 7 was arguing. "I hope you understand, whiskers, that I only have interest in the Uchiha."

Naruto ignored Gaara and adapted his eyes to rinnegan. "I will." Sakura winced again, along with Sasuke who shrank down a little as well. Naruto narrowed his eyes at Sasuke. "You fear my doujustu, don't you?"

Sasuke

"You fear my doujustu, don't you, Sasuke."

It wasn't a question. After Sasuke didn't answer the first time, Naruto knew he was. Sasuke activated his sharingan when a voice from his head told bothered him.

"I knew what you're planning Uchiha. It won't work. Remember what I told you about the rinnegan? Remember that well. brat."

Sasuke gave in to the demon's words and removed chakra from his eyes. "Fine, dobe."

Naruto smirked at Sasuke. Sasuke glared back angrily. Then both turned to Gaara's team in the trees. "What scroll do you have?"

"Why does it matter Uchiha. If you're scared of your teammate, you're no match for me." Gaara folded his arms. " I still have interest in you, but right now, I want your teammate's blood..."

"Hello again, Gaara. The name's Uzumaki Naruto, future Hokage." Sasuke was furious. He was an Uchiha. The most powerful clan in the Hidden Leaf. Even if they were slaughtered by his brother, he was still the only survivor. He should be honored for Kami's sake! That's when Sasuke noticed the killing Intent coming from Gaara.

"Mother..." whispered Gaara in a hushed but fearful tone. "I will give you more blood..." His voice got louder as he spoke, then looked down towards Naruto. "Blood...Of my enemies!"

Naruto

Rinnegan still activated, Naruto dodged the sand shooting towards him. He had barely noticed it! This was not good. He didn't want to kill Gaara, but Gaara truly meant to kill him. "Sasuke! Use you're sharingan and look at the sand!" Sasuke scowled but did as he was ordered so. When his sharingan adapted, he was astonished at the amount of chakra in the sand. "Sasuke! Well, what do you see?!"