chapter 7

Naruto

"Minato-sama, what's this?"

Minato looked up from this kitchen sink and looked at what Naruto was holding. "Ah, that would be a scroll that has none of your concern Naruto. However, since you asked, its a scroll on demons."

Naruto looked at Minato, troubled. "Minato, you're like a dad to me, but am I a demon?"

"Naruto, don't ever say that. Just because your father sealed the Kyuubi inside of you, does not mean you're a monster. You're the son of the Fourth Hokage. I've told you this," Minato folded his arms as he spoke. This seemed to cheer up Naruto.

"Oh, Minato-sama, guess what?"

"Hmm, what? Beat Sasuke in a spar?"

"No, better. Chunin Exams!" Naruto was jumping up and down.

"Chunin exams? Well that means you need to learn a sealing Justu," said Minato pulling out a summoning scroll. Naruto's eyes widened.

"I get to learn some of my clan's specialty? This is great!" Minato started laughing, but then his face turned serious. "Minato-sama? what's wrong?"

"On one condition I will teach you sealing Justus. Take off your 'mask'"

"What!? I can't do that... if I do the villagers will see me as a threat..."

"No. Once they see the real you, they will soon begin to treat you better, as well as respect you. Don't you want to become Hokage?" said Minato as he turned around a chair and sat in it, armed folded on the top of the back.

"You promise?"

"Yea. I promise, kid. Don't ever forget that you can trust me," said Minato smiling. Naruto nodded and held out his hand.

"Deal," said Naruto. Minato nodded and took Naruto's hand, and shook it.

-At the training grounds-

"Alright, Naruto, Sasuke, you can spar together, and I will spar with Sakura," said Kakashi putting his book back in his weapon pouch. "Minato-sensei, please overlook their sparing."

"Alright Kakashi," said Minato as he sat on top of a tree branch.

"Hey dobe, when did your friend start coming to all your practices?"
"Why does that matter? We're supposed to be sparring, remember teme?"

"Whatever."

"AAAAAHHHHH!" shouted Naruto as he dashed towards Sasuke. Minato sighed.

"Hey Naruto, beat Sasuke, you get ramen," shouted Minato as his son dashed at Sasuke. Naruto instantly disappeared next to Minato and created a clone. The clone nodded and went into hiding. Then Naruto jumped over Sasuke, pointing a Kunai at him.

 "Got ya!"

"Not so fast, dobe," said Sasuke as he destroyed the clone, elbowing it.

 "Whaaa-"

The real Naruto slide on the ground and kicked Sasuke into the air. Then he summoned his clone and dispersed it. Instantly, orange rings formed around Naruto's eyes. His usual silly expression was gone and was replaced with a serious one...

"How are you so different?!" shouted Sasuke in surprise.

 Kakashi and Sakura stopped sparing and looked over to see Sasuke being beaten to a pulp, Naruto winning. Kakashi felt as if he missed something. Was this just a misunderstanding? Or is this the actual Naruto and I've been blind? Kakashi pondered this until he became confused and gave up.

Naruto jumped up, a clone at his side, and they kicked Sasuke to the ground. Sasuke landed on his back, gasping trying to catch his breath from the impact. Naruto going for the punch was cut off by Kakashi. 

"Oi Naruto, you win," said Kakashi. Naruto froze as he looked up at his sensei mid-punch.

"But I was just about to get to the good part..." Naruto frowned at let Sasuke up. Minato jumped down and Sakura shrieked as she saw the man.

"Good afternoon Hokage-" Sakura was cut off as Kakashi put a hand over her mouth.

 Sakura squirmed to get away from Kakashi's grip. "What was that for?" Sakura said glaring at her sensei.

"I'll tell you later," said Kakashi as he looked back up at Naruto, Sasuke, and his Sensei.

"Hokage?" Naruto asked as he looked up at Minato. Minato laughed and shook his head.

"Don't you know dobe?" asked Sasuke through folded hands near his face.

"Know what?"

"Seems they got me confused with my cousin," Said Minato as he pointed to his head sculpture in the cliff.

"That a lie you're the -" Sakura was cut off by Kakashi's hand once more.

"Enough Sakura, this is the cousin of our Yondaime, he is not lying," Kakashi responded to Sakura as he removed his hand. "Forgive me Minato-sensei, My student is not very good at keeping quiet. Then again, neither his Naruto." Minato nodded at his student and looked back at Naruto and Sasuke.

"They did well. Sasuke fought with the Sharingan but was outsmarted by Naruto. Both very impressive."

"Minato-sensei, did you teach my Student something?" Minato laughed.

"Maybe a little, but most of this was his own wits and strength," Minato folding his arms and smiling as he talked. Sasuke's expression went from his normal serious and cocky face to horrified. Sakura still looked confused. Naruto opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, he was pulled into the Kyuubi's mindset and collapsed.

"Hey brat, what are you doing? Don't you want to be not a threat to the villagers?"

"Yeah I do, Kurama, but this time, I don't have to take just your ideas into my mind. I can take Minato-sama's ideas into mind as well," said a frowning Naruto.

"Minato? You mean the Minato Namikaze?" hissed an angry Kurama.

"Yea, you know him?"

"As a matter of fact, I do, kit. He is the one responsible for you being jinchuriki," laughed Kurama.

"That's a lie and you know it Kurama, now shut up before I kick your butt!"

"Like to see you try, brat," and with that, Kurama's cage disappeared and Naruto slowly woke up.

"Naruto! Wake up!" Kakashi said firmly, almost as an order. Minato, Sakura, also stood over him looking worried. While Sasuke just rolled his eyes as Naruto woke. Kakashi nodded in relief and stood up, handing his subordinates a form to fill out.

"These are for the Chunin exams. Fill these out to enter. After all, you did prove yourself worthy enough to enter."

Naruto nodded and looked at the paper, seeing it needed a parent or guardian signature. "I'll be home in a few if anyone needs me. I need to go get this signed.

"Old man! I need a signature for the chunin exams!" shouted Naruto as he barged into the office of the Sandaime.

"Ahh but of course. But why not the man living with you... Minato?" asked the sandaime curiously.

"You knew about him? For how long old man?"

"Let's just say... a few years, Naruto. Have Minato sign it, and I will let you enter."

"Hai!" responded Naruto, putting his right hang up to his forehead in a salute.

Naruto walked home still trying to take in what he just heard. He opened the door to see Minato making dinner. Naruto guessed it was ramen. "Back so soon, Naruto?" asked Minato looking up from the stove.

"Yea... The old man knows you're here and wants you to sign this instead..."

Minato looked slightly surprised at this. He wasn't surprised the Sandaime knew that he was alive, due to the note previously, but that he asked him to sign the form. "Sure," said Minato smiling before taking the paper and signing.