Chapter 26

When your chapter deletes like a hundred or so words; its the nightmare of writing. 

Naruto was staring at Minato with a bored expression. Was he insane? A water balloon? Naruto was standing, arms folded. His black shirt that he had gotten a few days prior was dirty and needed a wash. Minato held his arm out, the balloon on his hand. 

He poured chakra into it, and the balloon twisted and turned, making weird and funky shapes. A second later, it popped, and water sprayed on Naruto's face, Minato's sleeve, but mainly soaked his wrist and hand.  Naruto just sighed eye's drooping. It was nightfall, and only now was Minato showing him the Rasengan. He wasn't sure why Minato had waited almost the entire day only show him now. He also thought it was dumb that why they were using water balloons and just not learning justu like Chidori, which was easier than Rasengan. Only in his mind. He slumped down, blinking open his eyes trying not to fall asleep. 

Minato glanced at Naruto, then at the enormous piles of water balloons. "That's the first step in learning the Rasengan, Naruto," he said, wiping his hand off on his pants to dry it. He listened quietly as the waves washed up on shore, and retreated repeatedly in a steady beat. Naruto yawned, making him look younger than he was. Minato chuckled and ruffled his hair. Naruto looked up at his hand and rolled his eyes. "Minato why did you wait till now to show me? I mean it's night!" Naruto's voice made a loud echo, and he quickly clasped a hand over his mouth. 

Minato chuckled and began to walk away. He turned his neck back slightly to respond. "So you can think about it," he said hastily before flashing away. Naruto slumped to the ground, legs and arms sprawled out. His eyes slowly closed, exhausted. He didn't understand what Minato said, but he did definitely know he wasn't going walk back to the house. The grass tickled his face, and the wind blew his hair around. He shivered as sleep took him, and curled up into a ball trying to keep the warmth. 

Morning

Naruto awoke to a prodding on his back. His thin black shirt had been warmed by the plentiful sunlight filtering through the green leaves in the canopy. He looked up and saw Sasuke kneeling in front of him, trying to shake him awake. He tried slapping him away sloppily, as he rolled on his back. Sasuke just smirked. "You're hard to wake, you know that dobe?" Naruto groaned, not wanting to get up. 

"Let me sleep!" He reached for a pillow, to feel nothing. He jolted into an upright sitting position, eyes wide. "Did I fall asleep out here?!"

"Hn." Naruto turned to look at Sasuke, responding to his 'Uchiha language'. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know, don't get all moody Uchiha on me," Naruto muttered as he staggered up to stand. He leaned against a tree, wrapping his arms around it, and closed his eyes. Suddenly, he felt something crawling on his face. Multiple things. He opened his eyes to see a few spiders on him. He shouted in surprise, jumping away from the tree, trying to wipe them off. Naruto heard a distinctive 'hn' as he panicked. He looked at Sasuke flustered in embarrassment. 

Sasuke watched as Naruto's hands clenched, jaw tightening. "It startled me, alright!" Sasuke rolled his eyes, in disagreement, before hearing the long noise produced by Sakura.

 "Sasuke-Kun!" Sasuke just stood there, not caring about the searching fangirl. "Sasuke-Kun! Kakashi-sensei wants to work on some justu with us!" This caught Sasuke's attention, as he was always trying to get stronger to kill him, the 'certain man'. He looked behind to see her approaching, happily. "There you are, Sasuke. Kakashi-sensei wants to come to train us." Sakura looked at Naruto, then the huge pile of water balloons, and finally, back at Sasuke. 

"Minato is having me break water balloons for training," Naruto said, pouting. Sakura tilted her head and gave a half frown. She looked back at Sasuke, hoping for an answer, but he remained silent,  unanswering. 

"Why is he having you do that?" Sakura asked, picking up a water balloon. Naruto watched for a second. 

"He's teaching me Rasengan. However, I don't really know what this is for... I guess I could send a clone all the way home to read up on it..." Naruto's voice faded in as he thought and tried to come up with ideas on how to study the Rasengan.  Sakura nodded. 

"Well, good luck, Naruto," said Sakura, encouragingly, and walked away with Sasuke to begin her training. 

Naruto picked up a water balloon and poured chakra into it, in an attempt to pop it. He watched as the balloon stretched and swirled, but the squirming of the balloon didn't do a thing. He tried again, pouring a little more chakra into it, the water inside of the balloon spinning clockwise, but even still wasn't popping. He rolled his eyes and threw the balloon at a tree. It popped against the rough bark, splashing water all over it. He understood one thing now, he was much harder than he thought it would be. He sighed and picked up another. 

Taking slow deep breaths, he held out his arm once more. Attempting to picture Minato's green colored Rasengan he closed his eyes. He poured chakra into it, trying to imagine it. He slowly opened his eyes, watching as it stretched and squirmed again. He was it stretch slightly more, but still no avail. He sighed, thought of things that would help. He thought of asking Minato, but he still wasn't going to actually do it. Not unless he absolutely had too. He wanted to do it on his own.  

He closed his eyes, and let chakra pour into them. He then poured chakra into his hand and watched the flow of chakra. Most of it was flowing clockwise, but there were some strands that were going counter-clockwise, vertically, diagonally, and so on. He sighed, before deactivating his rinnegan. He decided to give it a few more tries before asking Minato. 

1,000 water balloons that were thrown at trees later.