Chapter Fifty Seven

The next morning had been complete shit. This was due to the severe hangover that both Duff and I seemed to share. We had managed to get back to Duff's mother's house and instead of waking up in a bed, we woke up on the floor right beside the bed. Our clothes were scattered all across the floor and I managed to have myself tangled up in the sheets and blankets. I had an idea as to why neither of us were in the bed, but I wasn't 100% certain it was why. My thoughts were, Duff and I were either in the middle of having sex and I had lost my balance from riding on top and fell off the bed, dragging Duff with me. Or it was just before we could 'get busy' and I had lost my balance. Both of them sounded pretty convincing to me.

"Remind me not to drink so much." I complained as Duff threw his guts up in the private bathroom just by our room.

"It was worth it." Duff croaked from the bathroom. "And we can't let this fuckin' hangover get the better of us, we have plans." Duff tried to sound strong, that was before he vomited again.

"What plans are they?" I question, walking into the bathroom and turning on the shower. Thank god Duff's vomit didn't stink, otherwise I would be on the floor beside him doing the same thing.

"That damn corvette." Duff choked mid-vomit.

"Oh, that's right." I nodded, hopping into the amazingly warm shower. "You sure we are going to be capable of doing that?" I asked, enjoying the massage sensation the water caused against my face.

"We fucking will be." Duff sounded determined.

"So what is the plan with the corvette? I know you want to look at it, but is there a reason why?" I rinsed my mouth out with the running shower. I hadn't vomited this morning, which I was pleased about, but I had a yuck taste on my tongue.

Duff let out a disgusted groan and lifted himself up and off of the floor before he pushed the button to the toilet, flushing down last night's consequences. "I was actually thinkin' of buying it." Answered Duff as he made his way over to the shower and getting in to join me.

"But what about our flights? How would you get it back to LA?" I began to scrub my hair with the shampoo, enjoying the scalp massage I was giving myself.

Duff filled his mouth full of the shower water and gargled, spitting out the gross taste in his mouth. "I figured we could refund our flight and have a road trip back home." Was his answer.

I kind of liked the idea of making a road trip out of the last leg of our holiday, having the time in the car with Duff and enjoying the countryside, it sounded perfect. Even the dodgy hotel/motel rooms sounded like a treasure at the moment.

"Can you afford buying a car like that?" I questioned him next, washing out the shampoo. I knew there was no way in hell that I could afford it.

"Babe, I have more money than I can count. I'm pretty fucking sure we can afford it." Duff chuckled, that was before he let out a whimper in pain due to his migraine. "That can be the first thing we do as an engaged couple. Buy a car and of course, buy a fucking apartment or house instead of sharing a place with the guys." Duff smiled, beginning to wash himself.

"How are we buying it together though? I have nothing to contribute, Duff. And I don't know if you remember, but I'm not actually an American citizen." I sighed, feeling bad. "I'm on a visa."

"It's our money baby." Duff half choked on some shampoo and water. "As for that, we'll be able to work it out. We could get married and get you a green card. Or the whole working visa thing. I don't know all that much about them Shell, but I'm sure we could speak to someone that does." Duff replied. "At first you'll need a job, but then once we get it all worked out, you can stay home with me and Harley."