Chapter Thirty Nine

Waking up in the spare bedroom of Izzy and Alison's apartment, I stared at the open blind where the sunlight radiated in from. It was a beautiful day outside and I felt like the black hole, sucking up the positive in anything. Today I felt even worse physically, turns out falling down the stairs isn't very fun. It also left so much bruising on my body, it actually looked like I had been hit by a car. Getting out of bed, I walked over to the window and stared out. Izzy and Alison's apartment was rather high up, which made it a decent view to gaze out of. It appeared to be busy on the roads today, which was no surprise. Los Angeles was always busy, I just never took much time to take notice.

Peeling my eyes from the window, I made my way out of the bedroom and walked out to see Izzy and Alison sitting on the lounge having a coffee and listening to the radio. On the radio, a new song of INXS played, Never Tear Us Apart - the same song that played on the tv when we were all in Australia. But this version was different, it sounded almost soul-like.

"Morning Shell." Alison greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hey Shelia." Izzy also offered a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit, but I guess I'm okay." I shrugged my shoulders, walking over to the pair and taking a seat beside Alison.

Alison placed her coffee mug down on the floor and reached out to me, she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me against her for a cuddle. "I missed you." She murmured.

"I missed you too." I say in her embrace. I was happy just to stay cuddling with her.

"You hungry, Shelia? I've got the press out, ready to be used." Izzy offered. "I was actually thinking about cooking up some ham and cheese sandwiches."

Smiling, I tried to turn my head so that I could look at Izzy. "That sounds absolutely amazing." I nodded.

"Sweet. I'll get to it." Izzy got off of the lounge and took his coffee mug with him.

"So you had a fucked day yesterday." Alison notes, clearly treading carefully. She knew that I wasn't actually okay, but she wanted to talk about it.

"I don't even think fucked is strong enough to describe it." I stared up into Alison's brown eyes.

"You're right." She agreed. "So wanna tell me about it?"

I stared into Alison's eyes for a moment, I was on the fence about talking about it to her. It wasn't really something I was finding easy to even think about, yet talk about.

"You never know, the more you talk about it you might feel better." She shrugged with an encouraging smile.

"I don't really want to talk about it, Ali." I shook my head and looked away from her. I was watching Izzy move around in the kitchen.

"That's fine, you know you can talk to me about it whenever you want. Even if it's like at three in the morning." She combed some strands of my hair from out of my face. "Do you mind if I talk about it, from what I found out yesterday?"

"Please yourself." I inhaled, feeling my heart sink as she started to discuss whatever the hell she wanted to talk about.

"So I heard about your fight from Duff's point of view. First let me just say, I think he deserves a fucking beating himself and for what he did to you, is fucking wrong and disgusting." She spat. "But I found him curled up in a heap on the ground in the kitchen, absolutely going to town with crying his eyes out."

My mind repeated over the fight yesterday and I tried to think of something else, unfortunately I found myself picturing what Alison had told me so far about how she found Duff. This thought caused an aching sensation in my chest and I could feel my eyes beginning to sting.