Chapter Forty Five

A week had passed by since my birthday and everything had settled back down again. Izzy and Alison had moved out of the house one day after what happened on my birthday. Apparently after Duff and I left the pool, things got a little heated outside. It was predominantly between Axl and Izzy, which was Alison's fault. So both of them were a little bruised up after a bit of a fist encounter. So whenever Izzy and Axl were in the same room, there was a tension, luckily they hadn't tried hitting each other again. Since my amazing birthday sex, Duff and I had been like rabbits, unable to not do it. Which I didn't mind. It got pretty exciting when we would sneak into a bathroom in a night club and get it on, now that was like a dirty fantasy of mine.

"Shelia, focus." Slash softly urged. "You can do it."

Slash watched me from behind his acoustic guitar. We were sitting on the floor in front of the lounge, right by the rest of the instruments. I had the guitar that Slash had bought me for my birthday in my lap and I was attempting to strum the chords to Jimi Hendrix's - Hey Joe. That song was the first song I wanted to be able to play on the guitar, since Slash actually gave me a choice.

"So, I'm just double checking," I pause, switching my fingers onto the correct chords. "This is right?"

"Shelly, you know it is." Slash encouraged me with a smile. "So just do it." He chuckled.

Doing as I was told and trying to re-create the chords that Slash had been spending about two hours with me to teach me, I played the notes and found myself gently singing as I played. I wasn't much of a singer, but I felt better if I sung along with plucking the strings of the guitar.

"Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun of your hand," I sung, to which Slash grinned even more.

"Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that gun in your hand, oh,
I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady!" Slash sung along with me, this time he actually started to pluck the strings of his guitar along with me.

"You know I caught her messin' 'round with another man,
Yeah, I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady,
You know I caught her messin' 'round with another man,
Huh! and that ain't cool!"

"Jesus, Shelia." I heard my name being called, which made me automatically stop what I was doing. "Maybe you should replace Slash."

"Fuck off, dude." Slash rolled his eyes as I looked over my shoulder. Axl was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"She's getting good, hey?" Slash asked Axl, to which Axl nodded enthusiastically.

"Good? She'll be rockin' n rollin' in no time!" Axl says, looking over his shoulder as he heard footsteps.

Right away, around the corner walked Duff with a huge smile on his face as he carried two large suitcases. Right at his feet ran Harley at his hardest, but due to the slippery tiles, he couldn't get any grip. So his little legs were running at about a hundred miles an hour and he was barely moving at all.

"Look at that bundle of joy." Slash smirked as Harley bolted over to us and right up to us.

"Thanks man." Duff waved Slash off, jokingly.

"Not you, dickhead. Harley." Axl corrected with a laugh. "By the way, Duff. You gotta hear Shelia play, she's a natural." Axl patted Duff's back. "I ought to reckon we replace Slash and take Shelia."

"Babe, you replacing Slash?" Duff had a cheeky grin plastered across his face.

"Apparently." I rolled my eyes. "Is it time?" I questioned, watching as Duff placed the suitcases down on the floor.

"Yeah, if we don't go now, we might hit traffic and miss our flight." Duff explains. "You know the traffic here in LA, you never know if someone is gonna be a dickhead and cause an accident." Duff took a few steps towards me before he knelt down and picked up Harley.