Chapter Thirty Eight

Izzy's POV:

Driving as fast as I could, legally, we seemed to arrive at the hospital at record timing. Slash and Shelia had been sitting in the back seat, Slash had removed his shirt and used it to try and slow the bleeding from Shelia's head. Shelia looked completely out of it, something which had me extremely worried. She was generally a quiet person, but she was very alert and switched on, she barely even looked like she was there.

"Alright, come on." I hopped out of the car and opened up the back door, letting Slash get out and helping Shelia do the same. She was very hesitant to let me touch her, she pretty much freaked if it wasn't Slash, which only made me worry even more.

Walking straight into the emergency department, I was expecting a long wait before Shelia would be taken through, but as soon as the triage nurse saw her, they took the three of us straight through.

"Back again?!" The nurse ushered, sliding open a curtain and gesturing Shelia to get onto the bed.

Back again? What was that suppose to mean? How many time has Shelia been to the fucking emergency department?

"Let me have a look, dear." The nurse pulled on a pair of gloves before she pulled the curtain shut, surprisingly allowing Slash and I to still be in here.

The nurse gently pulled back Shelia's hand as she had been holding the scrunched up shirt to her head, and examined the wound. From what I saw, her head was cracked open and she previously had stitches, they had all torn.

"Oh my, how did this happen?" The nurse looked directly to Slash. "Did you do this to her?"

I turned my attention straight to Slash, which seemed to make Slash uncomfortable. "No, I didn't. She got into a fight with someone else we live with." Answered Slash.

The nurse took her attention back to Shelia and sighed. "Alright, you keep holding this against it and I'll be right back with supplies to stitch you back up." The nurse ripped off her gloves and quickly left the curtained off area.

Shelia, without a word or even a gaze at us, laid entirely onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling. I had never seen her like this before and I was really quite concerned for her. I had no idea what had happened and who she got into a fight with.

"Shelia, I'm here now. Are you okay?" I walked over to her and asked.

She only looked at me for a brief second and looked away, she didn't utter a word. Fuck, something really was wrong.

"Slash, what the fuck happened?! What did she mean by 'back again'?" I took a few steps away from Shelia and back to Slash. I wasn't yelling, as I knew everyone would be able to hear us, so I stayed as quiet as I could.

"You should be asking, what the fuck hasn't happened." Slash rolled his eyes. "Today, man, it's been shit. Absolutely fucked."

"Tell me." I demand.

"Started this mornin', I was coming back for a walk and I found Axl on top of Shelia. She was fighting to get him off her but she couldn't, so I intervened and got her out from under him. Went to take her upstairs, Axl followed, pushed me and Shelia fell down the fucking stairs and split her head open." Slash stopped to take a breath. "So I called 911 and we got here by an ambulance the first time. So not only did she fall down those fucking stairs, she was sexually assaulted by Axl. Fuck knows what he would have done if I didn't get there when I did. I don't even wanna think about it." Slash huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Anyway, we got back home, Shelia went to bed for a few hours. Duff beat up Axl and I may have clocked him one for what he did too. Fast forward a few hours, Steven, Duff and I were doing some lines in the entertainment area. All was well and fucking good, till Shelia walked in on us doing it." Slash stopped, his eyes darting to Shelia on the bed. "She dropped her glass, obviously in shock and she walked away. Duff went after her. I don't know what really happened then, because Steven and I was cleaning up our mess on the table. But I heard yelling, a few other noises and Shelia fell into my arms shortly afterwards looking like she went for a round with Bruce Lee. That's brings us back to now." He stopped.