Chapter Seven

Shelia's POV:

Duff had called me beautiful again! He constantly seemed to be complimenting me, would definitely brought up my spirits and made me feel beautiful. It was strange, I've never found myself attractive, if anything I was average. But he made me feel attractive, especially whenever he was around me. It was a nice feeling, other than feeling like a nervous wreck.

"Who stole my camera?" Alison asked, standing on the concrete beside the pool. She had a knowing smirk plastered across her face as Duff and I stood together.

"I did." I smiled. "Have a look at the bottom picture." I demanded, excited to see her expression when she did.

"I will once I dry myself down." She returned a smile but left, heading to the outdoor bathroom.

Turning back to Duff, I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter around once again. His beautiful brown eyes were stuck on me and he had that charming smile on his face. I wanted to tell him out right that his compliments made me feel beautiful, but there was no chance I could spit it out.

"I'm gonna start cookin'." Axl announced, getting out of the pool. "I'm fuckin' starvin'."

"Dude, I gotta piss." Was all I heard from Slash before he also got out. Steven didn't speak, he just followed the two other men like a sheep. So now, Duff and I were officially alone and in the pool together.

Trying my hardest not to look at Duff, I watched as the three guys went their separate ways. Axl and Slash going inside, Steven over to the little bar fridge right by the barbecue. Izzy wasn't around either, so my heart rate was racing.

"Why are you so nervous?" Duff smirked as he shifted me over to the corner of the pool. He had me leaning against the edge while he stood tall in front of me.

"I don't know." I looked down trying to hide my nervous smile. I guess I did kind of know why, deep down I liked him. He was handsome and quite sweet, for a guy.

"Do I make you nervous?" He placed his finger under my chin, lifting up my face so I had to look at him.

That question sure had caught me off guard. Well Duff in general seemed to know how to catch me off guard, so he sure made me feel nervous. I was worried that I was going to make myself look like an idiot in front of him. And well, he was the Duff McKagan, the bassist from my favourite band, Guns N' Roses.

"A little." I stuttered. I wasn't sure whether I should have lied or continued to be honest.

"I don't make you feel uncomfortable, do I?" He than asked, a look of worry casted across his handsome face. For once, he looked a little nervous and it kind of made me feel better about myself.

Duff and I had something. I didn't know what, but there was something there. A chemistry I suppose. Something I've never had with any other guy I've been with or liked.

"No you don't make me feel 'uncomfortable'." I slightly laughed. "Just a little nervous, that's all." I answered honestly.

"Good." He exhaled a breath, looking like the worry had washed completely out of him. So now his confident self seemed to return. "How about you tell me where in Australia you are from?" He suggested, obviously trying to get to know something about me.

I guess that was a good sign. A guy wouldn't just ask you stuff like this if they weren't interested, right?

"I'm from the Northern Territory." I answered with a small smile.

"Is that like a state?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that's right." I giggled.

"Cool, so tell me about it." Duff stated. He wasn't pushy, but it wasn't like he wasn't asking for answers.