Chapter Eight

"Wake up! Wake up!" Alison jumped on top of me shaking my shoulders.

"Oh what! I want to sleep a bit more." I whined, not feeling like I was ready to get out of bed. I had a late night last night, so getting up right now was an issue with me.

"You can't! Us girls need to celebrate!" She squealed, continuing to shake my shoulders. She sure wasn't giving up, I wanted to sleep more and she wanted me out of bed.

"Celebrate?" I groan, slowly opening my eyes this time. For a moment, Alison was just a big blur, that until my eyes cleared once I kept blinking.

"Izzy proposed to me last night!" Alison jumped up to her feet on my bed, beginning to bounce up and down. She was im a total bliss, I don't think I had ever seen her this happy.

"What?!" I choke. Now, I did not expect that.

"Izzy and I are engaged! Oh my god! I wanted to tell you last night! But you weren't home nor were the guys! Anyway he fucking proposed!" She yelled happily, dropping down onto my bed in a very dramatic-like way.

"Holy shit! Ali congratulations!" I grin, I was trying my hardest not to squeal with her, even though I was rather tired.

"Come on, we have to celebrate! I don't care if it's seven in the morning, we are going to go to get a coffee, then come back and open a bottle of wine and listen to music. Then we can play pool!" She exclaimed, she was still all excited, despite she laid still on the bed beside me.

"Sounds like a plan!" I laughed in agreement.

"Check out the ring!" Alison smiled, rolling onto her back and holding up her left hand.

Snatching Alison's hand, I stared at thr beautiful gold band around her wedding ring finger. It was a vintage styled engagement ring which was in a shape of a flower. The diamonds in the 'flower' pattern were huge and the biggest diamonds I had ever laid my eyes on. There was also half a dozen of tiny diamonds that had been placed into the gold band. I'd hate to know how much Izzy paid for the ring, easily thousands.

"It's so gorgeous!" I squeak. Now this had definitely woke me up, there was no chance of me returning to sleep now. For two reasons, Alison won't let me and I of course am too excited to go back to sleep.

Alison quickly rolled off of the bed and raced to my bedroom door, before opening it, she looked over her shoulder at me. "Get dressed! See you down in five minutes!"

The door slammed shut behind her and I continued to lay on the bed, a huge smile plastered across my face. My best friend was engaged! This was quite the way to be woken up in the morning, at least it was a reason to be woken up about, especially at 7am in the morning.

Deciding I better get out of bed and get dressed, I headed over to my suitcase and dug around, searching for today's outfit. Pulling out my high waisted, short black skin-tight skirt, I continued to dig around for a top. Eventually finding a white tassled crop top, I decided I'd grab my black leather jacket to finish the look. Quickly getting dressed, I made sure to wash my face and brush my teeth before exiting my room. Putting on some perfume, I sat by my bed and grabbed a pair of black leather ankle boots to finish my look entirely.

Once I was satisfied with everything, including my rather tidy hair, I walked out of my bedroom clutching my black purse. Slowly walking down the hall and down the flight of stairs, I noticed Alison just by the front door, pacing out of excitement. Alison was wearing something much similar to me, but instead of leather and the colour black, she was in a denim on denim kind of outfit with a pair of white wedges. She sure looked stunning, she always did.

"C'mon, lets get out of here." She pulls open the front door, beckoning me to follow her. "Everyone else is asleep, so we should still have our alone time by when we come back." Alison murmured, walking over to the black mustang.