Chapter Fourteen

"It's all the same, only the names will change." I began to sing as I walked out of my room. I was ecstatic this morning! After everything that happened last night, meeting Angry Anderson, spending all that time with Duff, everything. I was in a fantastic mood, this was the happiest I've felt in a long time. Due to that, I couldn't help but sing and hum. Did I care if I was loud? No. I was too pleased to give a damn. "Everyday, it seems we're wastin' away!" I continue on, trotting down the stairs. Seemed like Bon Jovi was what I had on the brain.

"Another place where the faces are so cold,
I drive all night just to get back home,
I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride,
I'm wanted dead or alive,
Wanted dead or alive!" I stopped once I noticed Alison standing at the bottom of the stairs, she had her arms crossed over her chest and her squinty eyes boring up at me.

"You're in a good mood." She notes. "Singing, I hear?" She cocked an eyebrow. "What happened?"

"Nothing has happened." I shook my head, lying through my teeth to her. "I'm just in a good mood."

Alison frowned. "You're always in a good mood, but right now? You seem happier than normal." She continued to stand there, right in my way.

"Fine." I groan, pretending to give in. "I had an amazing shower."

Alison smirked. "Why? Did Duff join you?"

I felt my face go bright red and I shook my head. "No way! The water was at a perfect temp and I just really enjoyed it."

"Bullshit." Alison snorted.

Rolling my eyes, I pushed pass her and continued on my way to the kitchen. Alison was my best friend, we usually told each other everything! But this time, I wanted to keep Duff and I hushed, due to not wanting to deal with Alison going off her tree. Not in a bad way, but in the way of saying 'I told you so' or 'You two are so cute together!' I didn't feel like listening to that right now.

"You really ain't gonna tell me what's going on?" Alison asked, following me into the kitchen.

"Ali! I told you! My shower was fantastic!" I exclaimed, looking over my shoulder at her.

"Fine!" She huffed. "You'll tell me when you are ready." She states, talking more to herself and not to me.

"That's right." I giggled. "Now, question." I stopped, turning back around to face her. "How is Axl this morning?"

"Fine, I think. Why?" Alison looked very confused. "Did you and him hook up or something?" She automatically asked, making me want to face palm.

"God no!" I rushed. "Never! Even if he is attractive!" I shook my head. I was not interested in Axl, not in any kind of sexual or romantic way. Friend way, sure! Anything else? Fuck no.

Alison took a step closer to me, a small smile playing on her lips. "Might wanna lower your voice, he is right around the corner." She spoke in a quiet tone this time.

"Ali!" I groaned. "No! I'm not interested in him, I didn't hook up with him! I don't want him as anything else but a friend. What I was trying to get at was, he seemed down last night! Drinking on his own, I just wanted to know if he is alright!" I spoke in a quiet tone as well, making sure that if anyone could hear us, they couldn't make out what I was saying.

"Axl was drinking on his own?" Alison frowned. "And that was last night?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Okay." She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment. "I'll have a talk with him." She pivoted on her heels and rounded the kitchen, heading over to the small space where I found Duff sitting the day before.