Chapter Fifty

Duff POV:

Several days had passed since Shelia's and my encounter with her asshole of an ex: Andy, at the beach. Since that day, Shelia and I had spent majority of our time together. Most of the time it was spent at Shelia's parents house, although at times we did adventure elsewhere. Shelia and I had walked up a big arse hill, which was called Mount Saunders. It was a fucker of a hill to walk up, due to how steep it was, but once we got to the top and up to the lookout, the walk was worth it. We were able to see the entire town and beyond, even where the ocean started and to my surprise, the town was almost completely surrounded by ocean. It was pretty damn cool. Other places we explored was another beach, which was a little outside the township and down a bumpy dirt track. I couldn't remember the Yolgnu name for it, but I remember Shelia calling it 'Rainbow Cliff'. Didn't know why it was called that, because the cliff side of it? It was an orange/red colour, it still was pretty cool though. But what made it even more memorable? I saw my very first crocodile in the wild, he was fucking huge too. Easily 15 foot long and as wide as two grown adults laying side by side. He was a monster.

Lucky for Andy, he didn't bother us for those several days. If he had, I was pretty sure I would have knocked the fucker out, tied him up, chucked him in the trunk and fed him to the crocodile who lived out at Rainbow Cliff. So he really was lucky.

But unfortunately for Shelia and I, Andy was indeed at the shed with us currently. So far, he seemed to maintain a good distance away from either of us and didn't appear to bother Shelia. I was pleased about that, so much that it gave me a chance to round up Shelia's folks and talk to them alone for a few minutes.

"What's going on?" Anne, Shelia's mom questioned as I beckoned her and John over to me, nearby the row of Harley's.

"What's this about, mate?" Shelia's dad, John narrowed his eyes at me.

As much as I respected that man and had a blast with him whenever we were 'bonding', he also intimidated me. He was the definition of a biker. He moustache and goatee, the tattoos, the knuckle busters and the firm attitude, which I actually liked about him. He was a good man, it was just upsetting over how he would rather believe someone else over his own daughter. But I wasn't holding that against him.

"I just wanted to talk to you guys in private, do you have a minute?" I politely ask, my eyes flickering between the pair.

"Sure." Anne replied as John simply nodded his head.

By now, I felt my palms becoming sweaty and my heart speeding up in my chest. Who would have thought, simply asking a question like I was about to do, was as nerve-wrecking as this was. I mean, what if they denied me? What if they wanted their daughter to reconcile with Andy? Over my dead body, I would fight until the death before allowing that to happen. I mean, I wasn't perfect and I have mistreated Shelia and that was a huge fuck up. It wasn't something I would ever allow myself to forget either, I couldn't even forgive myself for it.

"Great, uh.. I wanted to talk to you guys about Shelia and I." I start, not knowing the right way to ask such a huge question.

"What about you and Shelia?" Anne questions, crossing her arms and narrowing her green eyes at me.

I had to be honest, I didn't know who intimidated me more. Shelia's Mom or her Dad. I could definitely see pieces of her in her parents, from the way that they stood or smiled or even spoke. She was very much like her parents, not that she would ever want to admit that.

"Well, I was actually wanting to," I paused, feeling myself become well beyond nervous and on the verge of having a panic attack. Fuck, was I suppose to include her brothers in this very important conversation? That was the next worry that chewed at me like crazy. "Propose to Shelia sometime soon and for me to comfortably do that, I-I wanted to ask for your blessing." I finished off my sentence, feeling a whole lot lighter than only seconds beforehand. But as soon as I looked at either one of her parents, I felt the same anxiety set back in. Fuck, maybe they will reject me.