Too Good To Be True (Chapter 12)

Recap:

I was alrady sick of her so i got my headphones out of my top and made a big show of putting them in my ear. I was listening to illuminated by Hurts, the bad name being perfect to describe how i felt seconds later. I was just about to turn away and ignore her but wasn't fast enough. As i was turning Jessica purposely kissed Adrian on the lips, this caused the whole class to errupt again into whispers and pointed looks at me, Jessica and Adrian. I made my self turn but i had already been starring long enough to see Adrian kiss her back.

I felt like crap, crying and like someone was slowly crushing my heart. I tried my mantra from last night: It's not real, Adrian loves me but i just kept seeing them kissing. It was only the start of the day, school hadn't even started and i already felt like running away and hiding from everything. This didn't bode well for the rest of the day, let alone the rest of the week.

******************************************************************

Chapter 12

Every chance Jessica got, she would show off that Adrian is now her boyfriend not mine, in front of me. I got concerned looks from a few people that i talked to and consider as kind of friends but other that that i got asked out four times (twice by the same guy) and got called slut constantly by Hannah and Chloe.

So you can guess how i felt by the end of the day. Relieved that it was all over but also like crying. The mantra did help at times but Cory was the best help. She insisted that i sleep over her's tonight. So i accepted, still not wanting to be alone, as we walked to my house.

I got my stuff i would need and left a note for Mark and Sarah saying where i was going to be. Then we walked to Cory's house. "I can't believe Todd Danvers asked you out, twice. Not that you aren't pretty, you are but because it's Todd Danvers! What most people consider the hottest guy in school." Cory exclaimed. "It was about time someone turned him down, he really needs his ego to be deflated."

I was about to agree (about the ego-needs-deflating bit, not that he's the hottest guy in school because to me Adrian is) because Todd Danvers is the biggest player in school. He's the male version of Jessica, they would be perfect for each other. I opened my mouth to say all this when someone shouted "Hey, wait up!" We both turned and saw Rob, Adrian's best friend, running towards us. "What's up with you and Adrian? He won't tell me anything." Rob asked concerned.

Rob is as tall as Adrian with bright blue eyes and blonde hair that is always in a disarray but suited him. He was a genuinly nice guy, he kind of reminded me of Adrian because he wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt someone but he had a lot more confidence than Adrian.

"Basically, Ash had invited us over to meet her family and Adrian invited Jessica. He dumped Ash for Jessica then left." Cory explained for me. I sent her a silent thank you and smiled slightly at her for telling the story for me.

Rob frowned. "That's odd. I wouldn't have expected Adrian to do something like that." Then he turned to me "I'm sorry about what happend. I'm going to have a word with him." Rob and I were kind of friends as well. I knew him through Adrian but we also had stuff in common, Cory and him were also friends as well but looking at Cory i thought she maybe wanted to be more.

"Thanks but you don't have to." I told him honestly. It would be easier if he didn't. Adrian probably felt as bad as i did and neither of us needed someone else finding out about what was really going on right now.

"It's not right what he did, especially in front of your family and i'm going to let him know this." Rob told me.

I knew there was no talking him out of it, so i just nodded my consent. He patted my arm, trying for comfort before leaving. We were both silent until we reached Cory's house. She led me straight up to her room. It had purple walls a bed on the right wall with pink covers, a wooden desk and a wooden wardrobe on the left wall.