Section 2.6 of Chapter 2: The Reapings

2.6 - In President Snow's mansion, at the heart of the Capitol-THG:

           The mansion was still owned by President Snow, who had escaped by faking his own death. He had gotten his spies to dress as rebels and charge at him, and had wiped the last of the fake blood from his mouth. It was President Snow who had managed to arrange this meeting with Katniss and Peeta, though he looked for them to no avail. "Where are they? I thought we agreed that I could see them brought in alive?", Snow asked a servant who was nearby. She spoke no words, pointed to her mouth, bowed, and took a moment to write a note to the great ruler. On it was written: 'I beg your forgiveness, President Snow, but I am an Avox and therefore can't speak. From what I know, Katniss and Peeta were beaten by Peacekeepers, and placed on a Hovercraft to be brought here directly. They must be receiving medical attention at the moment'. The attendant bowed her head again, and waited. "Avox, eh? I do apologize, you would have made a fine messenger for the Capitol, at the very least. Beaten by Peacekeepers you say? Unless the two tried to be brave rebels again, and tried to revolt, they had better have a good reason for doing so. Medical attention should be given, yes of course. I shall wait. Thank you.", Snow politely said as the servant turned to leave. He thought aloud "Those two had better receive medical attention if they were to go into their third Games..."

* * *

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------