Section 6.1 of Chapter 6: Arrivals

6.1 - Yet again on the Hogwarts Express-HP:

Scorpius Malfoy looked out of the window at the storm clouds hanging like a glacier over a cliff, directly above him. From his prior knowledge he knew that these were not normal rain clouds... They were pitch black. The wind was already swaying the train carriage he and Rose were in. Normally, Rose did not get frightened of anything. However, she seemed to have bad memories involving lightning. At the first bright flash and the colossal boom that followed, she let out a gasp and curled up into a ball. Scorpius looked over at her, and without hesitation leapt to join her side. He threw his arm around her shoulders, and she leaned her head against his. They stayed curled up together in that carriage, while Scorpius comforted Rose's involuntary shudders. Not a word was said as the train barrelled on. Finally, Rose spoke: "I... I'm sorry, Scorpius." Scorpius quickly said "No, no need to be sorry. Something's up, I can tell. I'm here for you if you need to talk. Or if you want me to shut up, just give the word." Rose smiled at him "It's all good, it's just, I went into my dad's room, and Ron... I could read his feelings, and lightning seriously disturbs him for some reason. I can... FEEL that fright every time a storm is around, I don't know why." Scorpius, meanwhile, was both amazed that Rose could do such a thing, and he was also sympathetic towards Ron too, as his own father, Draco, also had nightmares. "Perhaps it was when he was away from Hermione and Harry? I had heard people talking about how brave he was on his own, and how he learned things about Snatchers by encountering them during a storm before escaping to warn the others?" Rose sighed a heavy sigh before saying "Yeah... That would be it. It's all good, I just had a bit of an inner meltdown, is all." Scorpius said "I don't mind in the slightest." and smiled. Before Rose could say something else, a screeching sound ensued. The two broke apart, and ran up the stairs that led to the observation deck on the Hogwarts Express. With a shocked yell, they both realized that the train was hurtling towards a huge wall. 'Who in their right mind would stupidly build a wall?' Scorpius thought, as with a large lurching motion coupled with the ear-splitting sound of crunching metal, Rose and Scorpius were jerked backwards down the stairs... And blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------