Section 7.5 of Chapter 7: Preparations

7.5 - In the Capitol, Middle Earth preparation area-LOTR:

      Tauriel woke up in a fit of coughs. The smoke was still in her lungs from the explosion at Bag End. Suddenly a thought occurred to her. What about those screams she had heard? The people near the tent? They would be burned, yes, but to what extent? What about the smoke that nearly killed her, did that kill them? She would never find out. Tauriel got up out of her bed and paced the room. 'Why would the Pact target the very place where we were if they wanted Tributes from Middle Earth' was the thought that ran through her head the most. It just did not make any sense at all! She looked around the room, searching for her bow and arrow. It was not there, but rather, was just outside her door. She stared longingly at it, and decided she would retrieve it. 'But how..?' she now searched for something to break the window as she was too smart to use her fists. Brains over brawn, always. In the room she found a scalpel, which alarmed her, but she took it anyway and inserted it into a tiny hole in the window. She used it as a kind of crowbar, and now used her strength to pop the window. It came out, and she caught it before it alerted anyone. She reached her hand through, and tried the door. Locked, of course. She went back into the room and took a hairpin from the table, then ran to the door again and tried to pick it. She felt pressure in her chest, and tried to keep in her cough. But the temptation was too strong. She let loose another slew of coughs, and dropped the hairpin. The funny thing is, it was pin-drop silence to begin with, so she heard the moment when it hit the floor. Suddenly, she heard voices, and footsteps. She backed away from the door and raised her fists. However, when the door opened, she lowered them. At least she knew that Capitol stylists were not the worst of the enemy. The stylists looked impressed at the sight of her escape attempt, but asked her to lie down on the bed again while they got to work. They had orders not to change too much of her because of her natural Elvish glow, so they just worked on her hair. Then, she went to find clothes that would best depict Middle Earth, and the stylist there had picked out the same green shirt she had worn in many of the battles she was victorious in, and she knew it brought out her red hair. She gasped and looked at her stylist, and as he raised his head, she recognized his kind blue eyes and long brown hair. "Kili", she breathed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------