Section 2.4 of Chapter 2: The Reapings

2.4 - In the Glade-TMr:

          W.I.C.K.E.D. placed the Gladers inside the Glade near the entrance of the Maze. They had built TV screens into the walls of the Maze for this special purpose. The Reaping. Director A.D. Janson appeared, smiling, on the screen. "Ladies and gentlemen of Groups A and B, please take a seat." Minho looked around. "What, in this pile of klunk?" "That's just dirt, Minho. Sit down.", Thomas said giving him a friendly punch on the shoulder. The Gladers all sat down and watched as Director Janson reached inside a bowl and picked out a name. "Let's get right to it, the female Tribute will be Sonya.", and at that, her friend Harriet hugged her and sobbed. Sonya kept a straight face as she walked to the front. Janson wasted no time "And the male Tribute will be.... Ah yes. Our own celebrity, Minho." Minho looked perplexed for a second, but shrugged it off and jogged to join Sonya. As they waved goodbye to their friends, a Berg descended onto the field in front of them, and out walked Janson in person. Minho bared his teeth menacingly at him, but Janson just winked at him. "Oh the fun we're about to have..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------