Section 5.4 of Chapter 5: Departures and Travels

5.4 - In the Deadheads Forest-TMr:

          Still reeling from the shock, Sonya stifled sobs as Brenda ran up and wrapped her arm around the younger girl's shoulder. Thomas fell to his knees when he saw Minho, and after a long, grieving moment, he got up with his face red from anger. Director Janson stepped back, as Thomas gasped out a word "H-Harriet." Janson ordered a search together. When they spread out in their respective directions, Thomas bolted the way he was supposed to go. He muttered three words over and over "Minho. Dead. Harriet." and sought to avenge his old mentor and closest friend. He arrived at a brownish clearing, full of dusty, dead branches and toppled trees, when he heard a twig snap. He looked around for the source of the sound, then continued his search. Suddenly he heard someone mockingly sing "Thomas, Thomas, Minho isn't heeeere. I'll have him as a yummy pieeeeee" Thomas swallowed down his disgust, and saw a dark shape out of the corner of his eye. When he focused on it, a sound of leaves rustling came from behind the tree that was there, and he waited for a moment. The voice, now obviously feminine, sang "Thomas, Thomas, Minho will be sheeeeared. You've lost him and now you're gonna dieeeeee." Thomas pretended to fall to his knees, faking crying, as he waited. Surely enough, the shape disappeared. At the sound of the next "Thomas, Thomas" part coming closer, he braced himself, tensing his leg as he clutched the fragments of the spear from before. When he felt what seemed like a breeze on the back of his neck, he jumped up, twisted around, and kicked upwards. He connected with Harriet's fingers, previously poised to cut his throat with a knife. As Harriet fell backwards, Thomas got up and stepped on the knife, making sure Harriet couldn't reach for it. As she struggled to get to her feet, Thomas swung the spear. It missed, and Harriet tackled him, trying to claw him with her nails. Thomas fell back, and hid the spear in his sleeve. When Harriet pinned him down and tried to choke him, he stabbed upwards, sinking the spear into flesh. Harriet screamed in pain as Thomas pushed the spear further, and as she screamed, she desperately tried to grab at her own knife. Thomas took the spear out and felt her blood pour out on him as he shoved her off. Harriet landed on the cold hard ground with a thud. She smiled, and with one final gaze to the sky, Thomas saw the madness leave her eyes. Sonya and the others found him kneeling over Harriet's body, troubled over what he had done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------