Section 7.3 of Chapter 7: Preparations

7.3 - In the Capitol, Shadowhunter preparation area-TMI:

          Emma opened her eyes, and jumped to her feet. As she fell, she had landed on.... 'What?' Emma thought to herself as she looked for her trusty sword. She spotted it on the side of a counter, then finally noticed her true surroundings. It was a white room, with one seemingly locked door and just the one window. She ran over and tried the door handle. "Locked." she said out loud as she hit the door in frustration. Suddenly she heard muffled voices and footsteps in the rune beside her. 'Do I have my stele?' she checked in one of the drawers beneath the counter. 'Yes I do...' and she drew a rune on her arm. It loosely resembled an ear, and was the listening rune. She heard the voice ask "Where's Emma?" and immediately knew it was Julian. A high-pitched voice replied "In the room right next to yours, dear!" another voice let out a giggle, as footsteps sounded again. The next thing she heard was banging on the wall, and Julian calling her name. Suddenly, her own door opened, and the banging stopped. Her stylists came in one by one, and approached shyly. They must have been told that Emma could be quite aggressive if she wanted to, and was tough if she did not want to. Emma smiled, and they came closer. They gestured for her to get on the single bed that was in the room, and she did. They brought Emma wax strips, and she knew what they were going to do. They waxed her, then decided her hair was already in a good style, so they gave her conditioner and told her to take a shower, then shape it however she wanted. She took the shower, then combed a bit. She decided to leave her hair as is. When she exited the bathroom, Emma noticed that her stylists were quite eager to take her to the stylist who would pick her clothes. "Hey, listen guys, if you try to force me into anything I don't want to, well, let's just say that won't go down too well.", Emma said as she raised her eyebrows, expecting a response. She got it. The stylists nodded and mumbled and sped up, and Emma smiled to herself. When she entered the room, she saw something she didn't expect. A pile of t-shirts. 'Here? In the Capitol where people wore fancy dresses?', she couldn't believe it. She rushed over to them and started looking through the pile, when a voice behind her said "Ah, I thought you'd like that." Emma spun around and noticed a tall woman with red hair and pale blue eyes. The new lady looked elegant and well-mannered, yet also had the same defiant look on her face that Emma did. One that showed she would never bow down to anything or anyone, except herself. The lady smiled, then came forward and took Emma's hand in her own saying "I'm America, I can tell you're like me, Emma." Emma looked up in awe, already taking a liking to this woman. The lady led Emma back to the t-shirts, and pulled out a nice cerulean one with rune patterns inked in black. 'It's gorgeous", Emma breathed out in a satisfied sigh. America smiled, and handed it to the younger girl. "It's all yours, my dear. Let's go make it represent your world more, shall we?" "Oh hell yes", Emma laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------