Section 4.5 of Chapter 4: Goodbyes and Farewells

4.5 - Back at Bag-End-LOTR:

           It would be a large party indeed behind the most famous Hobbit hole. Once owned by Bilbo Baggins, then Frodo Baggins, the hole had another famous resident, Samwise Gamgee, now a Tribute in the upcoming Hunger Games. The party would be a going-away party for himself and Tauriel, and it is rumoured that it will be on such a large scale that it would rival the one Bilbo hosted there for his "eleventy-first" (111th) birthday party. Everyone wanted to either see Sam and Tauriel off as friends, or meet them and become friends before they parted, so that, if victorious, the Tributes would give them a share of their spoils. These were the infamous Sackville-Bagginses. Gandalf warned Sam of this, but he chuckled and said "Alas Gandalf, it will happen. Undeniably so. If by any fortune, we do end up winning, we shall not give them anything until they are nicer to all the lot invited. Come, let us put up the sign! Merry! Pippin! Come help us with the sign please!". A pair of Hobbits came, laughing and joking all the while. When they saw Gandalf, they ran up and hugged him "GANDALF!". Gandalf smiled down at them "Well if it isn't Meriadoc Brandybuck, and Peregrine Took! Wonderful to see you, my dear Merry and Pippin!" "Wonderful to see you as well, Gandalf!", Merry and Pippin said simultaneously. They picked up the sign, and carried it down to the front gate, then nailed it into the wood there. It was an old sign, slightly worn down over the many years, however it was still very legible. The sign read "No admittance except on party business", and even though select few were invited, everybody knew that many more would come nonetheless. 'The more the merrier, I suppose!', thought Sam to himself as he watched the sign being put up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------