Section 1.2 of Chapter 1: Half-Hearted Preparations

1.2 - In Sally Jackson's apartment (After the Titans won)-PJO:

      "Mom, where are my shoes?", asked Percy Jackson."Honestly, Percy. EVERY single time you go somewhere, you forget something. It's a wonder you remembered to take your sword into battle against the Tita--" "----Don't say the name. Names have power, remember?", interrupted Percy. "Yes, yes, I know. If I say the name, they will come for us. Same old drill, Percy. You're always in danger, don't you think I know that? It kind of gets tiring having a son always in danger, did you know that?", Sally said exasperatedly."But this time it isn't just me. It's you as well. And Paul. And of course, Annabeth and Mrs. O'Leary. And everyone else we know. We will all be imprisoned in the depths of Tartarus. Believe me, I do NOT want to do THAT again.", Percy brought up. Sally could see no sense in arguing with that."Fine, fine. I AM glad they kept us all alive, even if it means they rule and the gods don't. The least we can do is play along, you're right about that. Now come on, let's get ready for the Reaping." At that moment, Mrs. O'Leary came bounding through the door of the apartment (It's a wonder she fit), followed by Paul Blofis, Sally's husband. "Why hello guys, did you hear about the Reaping?", Paul asked. "We KNOW.", Percy and Sally said at the same time. "Okay okay, hold on to your Hellhounds! Just checking. Let's go see what's up", Paul said as Mrs. O'Leary licked Percy and Sally enthusiastically. Mrs. O'Leary sensed Percy's sadness, and stopped at once, wondering what could have possibly made him this sad...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------