Section 6.5 of Chapter 6: Arrivals

6.5 - Once again in Bag End -LOTR:

          The fireworks were still going strong as Sam and Tauriel prepared for the journey to Panem. Gandalf had really outdone himself this time. It had been a few hours since they had begun, and the steady *POP*, *POP*, *POP*, of the fireworks had been as majestic in their grandeur as at the start. The fireworks had brought forth colours of many kinds, and had even created scenes of characters running across the sky, mingling with each other. Then again, Gandalf was a wizard, after all, and this particular wizard would never let his fire-making reputation fizz out, so to speak. There were still more to come, in a huge tent in the middle of the crowd. Massive rockets lay on their sides, primed and ready for a spark to explode into colour and smoke. The guests of the party had been absolutely delighted. The food had been wonderful, the dancing was splendid, and the atmosphere was literally lit up by flashes of ecstatic brilliance. As the merry gathering was enjoying far more than expected, Sam and Tauriel were doing an inventory check, now. They would need all the weapons they could get, and horses wouldn't hurt (A pony in Sam's case). They stockpiled whatever they needed, and managed to pack their sacks quickly. They returned to the party, but as they were going down, saw someone dressed in black enter the fireworks tent. They started running, but it was too late. A flame was lit, its dull, orange glow easily distinguishable, and was set to the fireworks. The black-clothed stranger came to the front of the tent, and smiled at them. It was a Pact member. Within moments, he disappeared from view as a massive concussive wave of heat and fire was expelled as the tent blew up with a sound louder than any of the fireworks in the sky. The wave sent both party-goers and any object in its path flying from the sheer force of the explosion. Anyone who was nearby got burned right away, and then came the colourful smoke. People started coughing, and were dropping to their knees all around Bag End. Sam and Tauriel both fell at the same time, and as the screams started, a blissful sleep took away the pain in their lungs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------