Section 12.2 of Chapter 12: Vive la Révolution

12.2- At the government building-PJO:

             Annabeth got off the bus and the first thing she did was stretch. It was an insanely long ride with even more tiring news reports coming through based on the riots. It was high-time that the Tributes and whoever was rescuing them decided on some plans for both defense and for plans of attack. Firstly though, she wondered if there was a possibility that their perceived rescuers were in league with PACT. It wasn't too far a stretch, and they had never truly mentioned who they were. She'd have to wait and find out who they were by how they made their battle plans against PACT forces. Lucky for her, the same general who had ushered them onto the buses was just in front of the building where they had stopped. It looked like a government building, tall and proud on a hill with a tower towering over where they were. The general acknowledged Annabeth with a nod as she approached. "Good afternoon, ma'am, I was wondering if any of us would be granted permission to participate in the strategic sessions you will have?" The general looked a bit surprised "Why, how did you know about those?" Annabeth smiled and said "Ma'am, if we were to engage in a war, someone with your degree of planning would certainly not be unarmed in terms of planning." The general gave her a half-smile of amusement and nodded in approval "Alright, you're a smart girl, I'll give you that. You came just in time, I want you to represent the other Tributes, we start talking strategy now so come on in". Annabeth pumped her fist in excitement, then followed suit. They walked into the government building, and passed by a large commons to come to a secret room with advanced technological equipment. In the minutes that followed, Annabeth listened intently as the commanding officers deliberated how best to plan their attack, then pitched in where she could with her Athena tactics. She'd done strategy in wars before, to great success. The other officers also listened carefully, as if she had high rank, because Annabeth had created that atmosphere around her, full of wisdom and intelligence. When they were ready, Annabeth quickly rushed back to where the other Tributes were having a meal, and sat down next to them to relay that these rebels would be deploying their attacks in PACT-controlled zones. This would mean everywhere except this area they were in, but apparently the commanding officers had heard her calls to take out specific targets, such as military equipment. This would limit civilian injuries as well. On the TV screen near them, they saw the mission being broadcasting, and supply trucks were taken out by few rebel soldiers. Not long after the attack, as in mere minutes later, PACT had declared a State of Emergency everywhere they controlled. This way, they could search and seize people and their possessions at will, but in their rush to find those who had attacked their equipment, they started to persecute innocent people, and detain only those that seemed different to their ideals, leaving families torn. The Tributes watched helplessly at this, but Annabeth knew it was the spark they needed. They walked around the compound they were in, and heard the workers that bustled by speaking of the anger and hatred rising from those under PACT. The rebellion was spreading. 'Sadly, all we can do at the moment is wait', Annabeth thought, as she noticed the long hours kept dragging on and the more she saw the dangers of resources in poor districts start to dwindle. People were getting desperate, they wanted to attack for the resources now, spreading upwards from the poor districts onwards. Their building could sustain those attacks, but they were forced to stay holed up while taking cover. Soon enough, the general, who Annabeth found was named General Diyoza, ordered training exercises for them as well. These included espionage training, and it looked like they were to be deployed in the following days. 'Yippee', Annabeth thought, but she knew they would have to fight eventually. She'd do it, for Percy. The grueling hours to follow would consist of military exercise to physical exercise to mental exercise, 'Kinda like the IB', Annabeth chuckled to herself as she got ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------