Section 12.1 of Chapter 12: Vive la Révolution

12.1- In the original arena-HP:

             Rose tumbled out from the Portal onto a rocky surface, again at the arena where the Hunger Games had originally started. The other Tributes followed suit, the survivors being Bellamy, Annabeth, Peeta, Emma, Ben, and of course, Rose. It was a very solemn mood, witnessing what they had with the powerful figure that was Katniss Everdeen. But alas, there was more than one Tribute feeling widowed. The Games had brought much death, including their loved ones and their friends. 'Scorpius', Rose thought, then quickly pushed that thought aside. She chose instead to focus on the arena location. The old arena was oddly bleak, as if it were abandoned... Which it would have been. But something odd had begun to happen. It looked as if the sky was falling down. A shimmer spread down from above on the horizon, and the picturesque sky had indeed begun to crumble. The sky fizzled out, and a pale white material emerged into view as the dome above began to crack. 'Was this all just a screen?', Rose wondered, as there was a great tearing noise and the dome opened like an egg. The Tributes took cover as the material started to fail, and the arena fell around them. There was a great roaring noise after the giant crashes mere seconds before, and the Tributes emerged from underneath their makeshift rock shelter to see large passenger transport buses race towards them. A general rolled out as the buses came to a stop. "ATTENTION!" she barked out, and Rose saw Ben snap rigid with a salute so Rose urged the other Tributes do the same. The general paced in front of them, then said "At ease, the PACT members are on their way to collect you, we had to get here first. As Katniss died, her last breath evoked the revolution from many years ago, there are protests going on and for your safety we must leave NOW!" They quickly filed in the buses, started off, and watched the arena, now a massive pile of debris, pass behind them. Meanwhile, breaking news stories were playing on the giant TV screens the buses had attached to the roof. There were scenes of protests which remained constant since before the Games had begun, but the protestors were now incredibly emboldened and were pushing hard against the ranks PACT members made. The protests had started to turn ugly and it looked like they were on the brink of riots. Rose then quickly changed her thinking, because they WERE riots. Protestors clad in all black with masks, some in all white, and wearing masks as well as carrying torches all started throwing things and setting fires and were held back by riot gear and water cannons. They were quick to take violent action and brawls started to break out. At one point, it looked like the protestors would stampede the area. The news reports shifted, and it now turned to PACT's perspective. Prometheus was on-screen with the state-run news broadcaster, and he was not happy that he did not get a chance to finish announcing the Games. As PACT's public spokesman, he also heavily condemned the riots breaking out and the mounting death tolls. The bus continued on for a while, as did the news reports on the riots. Rose decided to sleep for a bit, but woke up when another breaking news alert came on. Some of those opponents of PACT that disapproved of the growing violence on both sides decided to attempt to appeal to PACT for diplomatic talks, but this was immediately rejected by the PACT leaders. Prometheus was back on screen. "There will be no consorting with those who choose to engage in violent acts against the state and its people, and we will respond accordingly'. In response, the peaceful protestors called for a cease of production so that there would be no capital going towards PACT, and in response, police were called to intervene directly in the workplaces and arrest those engaging in labour disputes. The final thing Rose remembered before succumbing once again to sleep was that the workers had now decided to take up arms alongside the rioters, and thinking 'Whoa, that situation is not gonna be pretty'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------