Chapter 24: Chaos

Start from the beginning

"What is it Taehyung?"

Jennie's hands fell to her side. She sighed deeply as her puffy eyes looked off into the distance.

"Hyung-" Taehyung's voice was soon cut off. "-Where's Jennie?" Namjoon's voice was desperate it almost sounded as if he was panting.

"You don't need to worry about her.." Yoongi looked at the tired girl. "She's safe.."

The exhale of relief was heard through the phone. Yoongi could hear thee smile that formed on Namjoon's lips.

The sound of sirens were heard nearby. Yoongi looked at Jennie once again. He then put his focus on the call only to hear the sound of sirens heard on the other side of the phone as well. Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed "W-wait..Namjoon..where are you?"

"I'd Like to ask you the same question" Namjoon replied not to shortly. He and the three others hidden behind a bush looking at the many dead bodies laying on the grass. "Yoongi...do you think.."

"Yes. It had to be. They are the only people that know both Jungkook and I"

"Fucking Dammit" Namjoon said through his clenched teeth.

"Fucking Dammit is correct.." Yoongi sighed..He looked at the girl who was trembling as she hugged herself. Yoongi pursed lips.

"He found us"

-

Jungkook had his eyes closed, though the wound did sting Jungkook tried his best to endure it. He said he wanted silence, and that's what he's getting.

You were on the other side of the rooftop, looking down at the crowd of people. News Reporters around every corner, Police officers pushing back the spectators, and the many white body bags on top of the many dead people.

The only thought in your mind at the moment was that one of those many people is someone that you killed. Not only him but someone at the boardwalk as well. Sure they both were bad people but the guilt was still eating you up inside.

But there was another reason why you felt guilty. Not only the fact that you just ended two people's lives but also because you...liked it...the feeling you got after you pulled the trigger.

Perhaps the fact that you have been living with murderous men for the past few month, maybe their ways of living have been influencing you. That is why you want to escape as soon as possible. You predict that if you stay here with them you might either die or they will force you to kill for their benefit. That's not what you want. You want to leave.

And this is your perfect opportunity to do so.

Jungkook is injured so he can't chase after you. Police is everywhere. This is your chance.

Your only chance of freedom is now. And you don't plan on losing it.

-

"What do you mean you don't know where Jungkook is" Jin hissed at the blue haired boy. Hoseok stood next to him with the same expression. His hands were on his hips as he waited for Yoongi to answer. Yoongi himself didn't knw what to say. He has no idea where Jungkook is. Actually he has no dea if he's alive.

Jennie sat on her bed, legs hugged tightly against her chest. Her eyes were red and puffy due to all of the crying that happened earlier. She was in the state of shock. She hasn't spoken a word since meeting up with her brother and the others. She's witnessed death before..a long time ago. But seeing it again after five years, it was like it was all new to her even though it wasn't.

Her lips quivered at the memory of the sound of the numerous bullets that were fired.

She remembered seeing the sight of Jungkook being shot.